One Battery Pack to Rule Them All! 15,000 mAh

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a few ways that smartphone technology has not really seemed to advance too much, one of those is in battery life. And it is not surprising, we keep getting faster and more intense phones. What small progress we seem to be making in battery life seems to get gobbled up super fast, so that we can just maintain a 1 day life on a smartphone.

All this being said, I turned to external battery packs a long time ago. I have a small collection of 2,000 mAh battery packs, most of them are small enough that I can toss a few in my bag when I go on a trip. Recently, I was notified about a 15,000 mAh battery pack. It was the largest I had ever heard of, and much larger than my present batteries.

And so, I have for you, an IntoCircut PowerCastle 15000

It packs a lot of power while only being about the size of 2 phones stacked together. It weighs less than a can of soda, and charges devices 2 at a time. LED light on the bottom, and LCD power level display.

But what more can you say about a battery pack? It takes a charge, holds a charge, and in turn discharges its precious cargo of electricity into your device. It is very reasonably priced for its size, and has replaced my entire collection. I have run it through a good amount of charge cycles, and it seems to be just great, even 2 months into use. My primary use has been to keep my Shield Tablet topped off while livestreaming, but I have taken it out several trips outside the house, where it has gotten a comment or two. It both looks, and charges fantastically.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I saw this listed on Amazon for about $40, which is not bad at all. I got a 1800mah Pop'n charger cheap during a black Friday sale that retailed for more than this charger. Thanks for posting

Tapped from a Nexus 6

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have a Zero lemon slim 6200 does the job for emergency. Good stuff though..

Tap'd by Big 6

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@CJM didn't realize your signature with Nexus 6... Did I forget you mentioned it when you moved to Nexus

Tap'd by Big 6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Although I have one, seems I never have the need. My battery seems to last a full day and that's ok with me.
I hear they are no longer allowed on planes and airport security has been confiscating them.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Although I have one, seems I never have the need. My battery seems to last a full day and that's ok with me.
I hear they are no longer allowed on planes and airport security has been confiscating them.
Where? I flew with mine in November. I'd be mad.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Update... you CAN take them aboard but CAN NOT pack them in checked luggage.

OP
Macktion

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So... Spare batteries are enough of a flight hazard that you can't leave them in the fuselage... but as long as its in your bag its fine? o_O Some times the world is an odd place...

But between my battery gulping Shield tablet, and Missus Mack who is always forgetting to charge her Note 2, this thing gets used about every other day.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So... Spare batteries are enough of a flight hazard that you can't leave them in the fuselage... but as long as its in your bag its fine? o_O Some times the world is an odd place.
Cabin is pressurized and temp controlled. Luggage can get really cold at 30k feet. And I'm guessing batteries "could" crack and leak.

OP
Macktion

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cabin is pressurized and temp controlled. Luggage can get really cold at 30k feet. And I'm guessing batteries "could" crack and leak.

I suppose that could be... When they ship them out from the factory, I imagine they are pressure controlled and kept warm in flight as well?

Swyped from my Yoga 8

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes actually. Cargo planes such as Fedex, UPS, etc are pressurized.