on/off button mostly nonfunctional

ssmithers

Reaction score
My Droid is about 8 months old, and the top button wont turn the screen on and off, nor get me to the Shut Phone Off menu. I've been sliding the keyboard out to turn on and taking the battery out for off just so I can use. Every once in a while it will work, so I wonder if its a software issue. Also, out of the blue, and at times multiple times, the Sound Off/Airplane Mode/Phone Off menu appears.

Is there an at home fix, do I go to the Droid store, or do I have to send it away?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
My Droid is about 8 months old, and the top button wont turn the screen on and off, nor get me to the Shut Phone Off menu. I've been sliding the keyboard out to turn on and taking the battery out for off just so I can use. Every once in a while it will work, so I wonder if its a software issue. Also, out of the blue, and at times multiple times, the Sound Off/Airplane Mode/Phone Off menu appears.

Is there an at home fix, do I go to the Droid store, or do I have to send it away?

If you been adjusting settings with the "spare parts" app, I would try changing the "end button behavior" setting, and put it back on sleep.

OP
S

ssmithers

Reaction score
I saw there is a spare parts app but I don't have it. I was looking to see if there was an on off button available. Half the menus I see are things I have no idea what they are and don't mess with. If its called an end button then I can search for it. But still why does phone off keep appearing? Is there something majorly wrong? Do these need bugs cleaned out like a PC?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
If you haven't been playing around with any software, I'm guessing this may actually be a hardware issue. Should still be under warranty, I'd take it back to verizon.

OP
S

ssmithers

Reaction score
Magically Fixed!

After a couple months it fixed itself with last round of updates. I do wonder which was culprit, but....whatever. back to happy.

I put off going to Verizon store until I had some backups for data and could loose it for a while while they had it. But eventually I found a lockscreen app that worked and kinda got used to it. Now I have to get used to using the end button which is totally fine.

Gotta love technology.