On my third Droid

RosarioM

Reaction score
So I pre-ordered the Droid at Best Buy and got it on Droid day (last Friday). I also ordered one on my wife's line since the contract was due. I used mine for a week. About three days in, I noticed a very minor dent in the lower right corner metal. Nothing huge, but still annoying for a phone only three days old. So I swapped it for my wife's (she doesn't care).

After keeping the new one in my pocket on my way to work, I discovered a spec of dust under the screen. A quick search showed there are a lot of people having this issue. i walk over to the Verizon store and get the thing swapped out (the sales person looked at me like I was nuts, but if one spec can get in, others can as well).

So going through three phones, I was very impressed with all my settings, apps, etc. coming down as soon as I logged into the phone. The somewhat scary thing is that one of the things that came down was my wifi password (does this get stored on some Google server?)

Has anyone else had issues with dents in the metal portion of the face and dust under the screen?

I had the first phone in my pocket for 5 days without dust, the second one only half a day...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
possible

Wtf there's is no dust can get under glass. This not. A storm

I would bet its possible. I for one am glad to know that if I have to swap out all of my settings will be in the cloud.

OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

Reaction score

I'm afraid there are lots of people complaining about this problem. If my new phone has this issue, I am going to switch back to my old one (with the dents). I rather live with that than dust on the screen that look like dead pixels.

OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

Reaction score

I would bet its possible. I for one am glad to know that if I have to swap out all of my settings will be in the cloud.

The only thing that didnt come down (I also swapped the SD card) were any passwords stored with individual apps. Otherwise everything came down perfectly (including purchased apps)...

All I have to say is Google > iTunes...

Guindalf

Reaction score
I'll be on my third tomorrow. I got a new one this evening because of the power problem (shutting down unexpectedly) and I noticed that the top part of the slider does not fit properly. So, it's back to the store tomorrow, box and receipt in hand.

alexhendershott

Reaction score
Just posting to say I also had my Droid replaced, and my WiFi password was also indeed synced. I assume through Google's servers.

Pretty cool, and scary at the same time.

drobin

Reaction score
dent

My droid has a dent in the metal part as well. Can you swap for a new phone for free because of this or does it have to be a more serious problem?

kevdog

Reaction score
Yes I can confirm after a firmware flash that networks with WPA passwords were restored as well --- something seems very dirty about this.

tdawg5480

Reaction score
Yes I can confirm after a firmware flash that networks with WPA passwords were restored as well --- something seems very dirty about this.
there are several different partitions on the droid during the update settings are stored somewhere and restored while updating so it dont convienience you.....want a clean system format your system cache and data and install a virgin 2.0 or 2.01 with root. so chill nothing dirty going on :icon_ banana:

L0ST3489

Reaction score
Quick question, I notice you mentioned purchasing the phone at best buy and then going to Verizon? I too am on my third phone. The first one the touch screen was not functioning properly. My second one I went back hours later because of the similar dust under the screen. My third one has been good, but the backlight buttons on the button have faint lighting on the home key and its bothering me. The fiasco thus far has been with Best Buy, I think they think I am crazy or hate me because I am on phone number three. Can I go to Verizon for phone number 4?