Old member returning after several years

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha is full of energy but very loving and loyal. He has proven to be really smart too. Belly rubs and ear ear rubs are his weaknesses lol. He thinks he is a 5lb lap dog when he is relaxing though. Logan and Jackson looked bigger than 10lbs at first. Might be the hair though. It can deceiving. They seem like a good pair though. I'm glad they are getting along with the kitties though :)

T2 Tappin'

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Haha is full of energy but very loving and loyal. He has proven to be really smart too. Belly rubs and ear ear rubs are his weaknesses lol. He thinks he is a 5lb lap dog when he is relaxing though. Logan and Jackson looked bigger than 10lbs at first. Might be the hair though. It can deceiving. They seem like a good pair though. I'm glad they are getting along with the kitties though :)

T2 Tappin'
Kitties are gone... Last one passed early summer, but L&J did get along with her. They both are a little feisty with each other.. Logan wants to play, Jackson wants my husband's lap to himself(lol) sibling rivalry! But it's all good!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 I'm sorry they have all passed but they are all up there in heaven chasing mice together now :) Sounds like L&J keep each other busy. Do y'all have voles up there in the yard that they dig after? We have an abundance in NC and Blaze hates the trails they dig in through the yard

T2 Tappin'

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The kitties are chasing the mice or chipmunks and I know they're up there waiting for me. I don't think we have voles (are those the little guys without eyes that dig tunnels just under the grass or dirt and eat the roots of your grass?) Or are they moles? We had them once a long time ago and my husband took an old car of ours and connected a house to the tailpipe and sent the fumes down the holes into the tunnels... That got rid of them!I don't know if I recommend that, but it worked! Probably dangerous though. He ran down jald a tank of gas til the car just stopped. We were young and crazy and would try anything that we heard would work. Now I get afraid of doing crazy stuff like that(lol)

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That was.... He connected a hose... Not a house... Or i wouldn't be talking to you now...hehehe!

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Spell check hasn't gotten used to mr yet.... He ran down half a tank of gas.....

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 sorry about the long reply time. Work got crazy yesterday and didn't get off until 10:30 last night. Voles are indeed the little guys that dig tunnels and eat the roots of your plants and grass. They are in abundance down here in NC. I call them moles but the guys at the nurserys down here call them voles. Must be a difference but to me they all eat the roots of my plants and Blaze digs through all their tunnels lol. They make these smoke bomb things you can stick down in the holes and set them off. Looks like a bunch of smoke bombs going off underground. Kinda cool looking. If they stop working Ill have to remember the tailpipe will work too. Autocorrect made it look like I was talking to a ghost just got to make sure we connect the hose and not the house when trying to get rid of moles

T2 Tappin'

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! No problem about the time you take to answer! You're answers are worth waiting for! Blaze would have fun here this year with the hundreds of holes the chipmunks made in my laen and thru the mulch we put down.. My dogs don't tend to dig... We've put chicken wire from the bottom of the fence down about 6 inches in case they change their minds!

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@252chevyboyz. Please be careful with the coming tropical storm Hermine and keep yourself and your family and Blaze safe and sound. Looks like it's predicted hammer central Florida thru the Carolinas in a couple of days... Batten down hatches and keep in touch. I'll be praying for you and your area of the country as we plunge headfirst into the midst of hurricane season. Thinking of you and the rest of our forum friends who may be in harm's way this week. We may be getting a taste of it toward the end of Labor Day weekend

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 sorry about the long reply time. Work got crazy yesterday and didn't get off until 10:30 last night. Voles are indeed the little guys that dig tunnels and eat the roots of your plants and grass. They are in abundance down here in NC. I call them moles but the guys at the nurserys down here call them voles. Must be a difference but to me they all eat the roots of my plants and Blaze digs through all their tunnels lol. They make these smoke bomb things you can stick down in the holes and set them off. Looks like a bunch of smoke bombs going off underground. Kinda cool looking. If they stop working Ill have to remember the tailpipe will work too. Autocorrect made it look like I was talking to a ghost just got to make sure we connect the hose and not the house when trying to get rid of moles

T2 Tappin'
Thanks for the info about the smoke bombs.... Sounds like germ warfare for varmints!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 speaking of hurricane Hermine I've had to travel to the beach to help my father with the boats, house, and getting everything in the yard under the house. It has been a long 2 days but finally got everything done and have gotten back to my place to get everything ready as I live in a very flood susceptible area in Wilson, NC. Didnt get much done since I just got back about an hour ago and had to unpack the truck and walk blaze. Got a good bit to do tomorrow so hopefully the predicted 6-8" of rain in 24hrs won't hurt anything. I sure hope it will dissipate before it gets to you. Winds aren't predicted to be any stronger than 25-30mph with occasional gusts of 35mph tops. Wont be too bad here but my parents at the coast will be getting 35-40mph with 45-50mph gusts. Will be headed back down there Sunday morning once I make sure the creek behind my place doesn't flood from the rain. Just to help my dad get the boats back in the water, boards off the third story windows, and everything under the house back out then back home again Monday afternoon to work Tuesday. Got a busy schedule worked out and took 3 days off to do it but it was worth it :)

My best wishes and prayers are also with all the members being effected by hurricane Hermine

T2 Tappin'

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You've been a busy fella the last couple of days! Get some rest and I'll be praying that Hermine weakens and doesn't make that creek rise and make any trouble for you... It warms my heart that you've been able to help your Dad get his boats safely tucked away... We're not supposed to have much of a problem here except some rain during the holiday weekend. I can't complain when so many people along the southeast are going to have so much rain... We've got a whole house generator since that 2 years in a row when we had those big storms in October. We had a lot of weakened trees taken down so we shouldn't have too much to worry about. We need the rain because the trees are heat stressed and we've had a moderate drought up here this past few months. So hang in there and listen to the radio to see what's coming. Stay dry and safe!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@ 252chevyboyz....I just got a notice to upgrade from marshmallow to nougat, I guess.. Anything special I should do before I accept the update?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you sure it's 7.0 Nougat? I don't think that's been officially released yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk