[ROM] (Old)Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Im having a problem installing this rom, i've followed the instlation steps but when I reboot after the data/factory reset it sits on a black screen and does nothing.
The only thing i've done differently is use v1.08 of safestrap instead of v1.06
i have that with any rom sometimes, need to pull battery and it works

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Huh I've never done the backwards install. Try it the old fashioned way wipe data/factory and format system first then install rom

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

xaelith

Reaction score
<<<<<< LOOKY LOOKY LOOKY AT MY PHONE SPECS!!!!! :D:D:Ddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:D:D:D

*AHEM*[/childishness] Now I just gotta get it all set back up...

@avatre0: I agree with davros; wipe data and everything, THEN install the rom...worked for me (see above). Think about it this way: when you install the rom, it's (re)writing the /system folder, among other things. So if you install the rom, then wipe, you've just undone a good portion of the install. Also, if you get the black screen again, give the phone up to five minutes before rebooting or pulling out the battery. Sometimes there are files that cannot be overwritten until the phone is rebooting, and thus doesn't have anything running. If after five minutes you're still on a black screen, then there may be trouble.

Good Luck :)

EDIT: Also, apparently there's no need for easy tether or the radio hack after installing the rom...wrote this reply on my computer :D

Last edited:

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
No and as long as we are on a locked bootloader radios will never change and the hack is always in place. Wifi Tether has more options than the stock app. But its not needed.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Huh I've never done the backwards install. Try it the old fashioned way wipe data/factory and format system first then install rom

If you read Hashcode's writeup on his blog and Guidot's write up on DF, they both say "format system>install ROM>wipe data>wipe cache" I joked with Hashcode about feeling weird wiping AFTER installing and he said he hadn't realized he had written that way, but that it shouldn't matter. :biggrin:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's the Second Theme Buckmarble mentioned...

Introducing KangICS for Maverick ROM 2.0

So..this is my first real, structured attempt to put a theme together. So be nice ;-) I'm still learning the system.

First, I'd like to thank Buckmarble for his encouragement, patience while I asked lots of questions and use of his xmls. I'd also like to thank BigDX for the use of some of his pngs. (You can check out his work here.)

What this themes:
Boot Animation
Fonts
Window Transitions
FrameworkRes
SystemUI
Dialer

View attachment 44420View attachment 44418View attachment 44416View attachment 44417View attachment 44419

Download your ICS goodness here

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Themes look greta guys! Also not to be a smart@ss or anything but it really doesn't matter which order you install/wipe in. When you install this rom it reformats the /system folder and puts all the new files there. When you wipe data/cache you are doing just that...wiping the /data folder and the /cache folder. The rom install doesn't put anything in these therefore order doesn't matter as long as you do both. Just wanted to clarify :)

Also I have the black screen issue after flashing just about every rom I find. A battery pull reboots the device and you should be good to go.

Side note: hopefully finish up a working rough of the theme manager this coming week.

Dri94

Reaction score
Dri94.... did you wipe?

avatre0 ... after you data/factory WIPED did you "install zip form sd card"?
no i hadnt. i didnt want to lose all my data again. ill do it when my phone charges back up and report back

btonetbone

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with Navigation? My phone only locks on about 10% of the time, even when I am in an open area with good reception and all the boxes checked under "My Location" in the Android settings. It happened with the last two version of MavROM.

Also, because I know it will be asked - yes, I have wiped everything between ROM installs. I am also on Safestrap 1.08.

Other than that, I love this ROM! Thanks everyone.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I just tried in the train and it locked within 1 minute and I'm only using standalone GPS (not google service)
edit: lost it right after, haha:p. Can't get it to lock now either. How does droid 3 use AGPS? Does it autodownload? Maybe something changed there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.