[ROM] (Old)Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
ye googled around a bit and that seems to be the case...bummer :( gallery is so slow compared to quickpic

xaelith

Reaction score
Hey folks. Just read the whole thread, and am thinking this will be the rom I flash, but I have a couple questions first.

1. Does wifi tether work after flash, or will I still need to do the radio tweak mentioned somewhere else on the forums (and/or bite the bullet and pay for VZW's tethering service, though the thought of this option leaves a bad taste in my mouth)?

2. The instructions sound like I just install safestrap, then install the rom...do I need to be rooted first? If so, would someone please kindly direct me to a guide on the forums? I rooted my D1 when I had it, but that's the only experience I have to this point.

I hadn't planned on rooting/romming my D3 until after the factory warranty wore out, but I no longer have internet in the house (typing this on my phone), and am a little...frustrated, for lack of a better word...with some of the limitations.

Also, @buckmarble and pedwards, if you guys are still looking for people who are interested in theming, i'd love to help out and give it a shot, though I too will need a little bit of a quick-start guide and such.

Thanks in advance for any and all help :)

Dri94

Reaction score
Hey folks. Just read the whole thread, and am thinking this will be the rom I flash, but I have a couple questions first.

1. Does wifi tether work after flash, or will I still need to do the radio tweak mentioned somewhere else on the forums (and/or bite the bullet and pay for VZW's tethering service, though the thought of this option leaves a bad taste in my mouth)?

2. The instructions sound like I just install safestrap, then install the rom...do I need to be rooted first? If so, would someone please kindly direct me to a guide on the forums? I rooted my D1 when I had it, but that's the only experience I have to this point.

I hadn't planned on rooting/romming my D3 until after the factory warranty wore out, but I no longer have internet in the house (typing this on my phone), and am a little...frustrated, for lack of a better word...with some of the limitations.

Also, @buckmarble and pedwards, if you guys are still looking for people who are interested in theming, i'd love to help out and give it a shot, though I too will need a little bit of a quick-start guide and such.

Thanks in advance for any and all help :)

1. wifi tether does work. use the radio tweak yu mentioned. works great
2. yes you need to be rooted, here is a link
Code:
rootzwiki.com/topic/3216-rootunroot-droid-3-root-instructions-one-click-added-for-windows-linux-osx/
and yu can always just unroot if and your warranty will still be fine...

To @Buckmarble
here is the mediafire link D3-MavROM-2.0.zip
im running 2.0 now and its great ! good work

xaelith

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, Dri94. I guess I should clarify a little...does wifi tether work WITHOUT doing the radio hack? I'd rather not alter the phone any more than I have to, in case something goes wrong (or more likely, my klutziness catches up to me, and I MAKE something go wrong :p ).

Also, my phone is the only way I have of getting on the internet, aside from going to somewhere like the public library, where they usually frown upon people downloading files onto their computers. But I'll give the link you mentioned a look, and see if I can dl what I need to my phone, then transfer via usb.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, Dri94. I guess I should clarify a little...does wifi tether work WITHOUT doing the radio hack? I'd rather not alter the phone any more than I have to, in case something goes wrong (or more likely, my klutziness catches up to me, and I MAKE something go wrong :p ).

Also, my phone is the only way I have of getting on the internet, aside from going to somewhere like the public library, where they usually frown upon people downloading files onto their computers. But I'll give the link you mentioned a look, and see if I can dl what I need to my phone, then transfer via usb.

You can use easy tether without doing the radio hack

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Dri94

Reaction score
^yur welcome :] have fun, its a great rom

@buck: i got a little confused reading the explanations of the memory settins [still a novice to android] in the mav toolbox. Which would be the best for running high performance apps like asphalt 6? and which wuld be best for longest battery life?

xaelith

Reaction score
My guess would be that "stock" is best to run when something requires a lot of resources, and "basic" is best for battery life. When I get this up and running, I'll probably choose the balanced option myself, to have a little of both.

Another quick question: coming from the OG, I know that a backup could be made of the phone BEFORE it was rooted. Is there a way to do this with the D3 as well? Sorry if this is already answered in the rooting guide...haven't had a chance to read it yet.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^yur welcome :] have fun, its a great rom

@buck: i got a little confused reading the explanations of the memory settins [still a novice to android] in the mav toolbox. Which would be the best for running high performance apps like asphalt 6? and which wuld be best for longest battery life?

Mav basic would be the best for you. Youll get the same battery with either of the mav settings. Stock will probly decrease your battery life a little.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My guess would be that "stock" is best to run when something requires a lot of resources, and "basic" is best for battery life. When I get this up and running, I'll probably choose the balanced option myself, to have a little of both.

Another quick question: coming from the OG, I know that a backup could be made of the phone BEFORE it was rooted. Is there a way to do this with the D3 as well? Sorry if this is already answered in the rooting guide...haven't had a chance to read it yet.

No because d3 has a locked bootloader. You cant root or flash custom recovery via sbf.

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Two new themes coming your way tomorrow!!!!

Dri94

Reaction score
Im having problems with messaging. It wont let me send messages. The only fix is to go to mavtoolbox and switch to the opposite messaging app. That works for five minutes, then i have to do that again after that

avatre0

Reaction score
Im having a problem installing this rom, i've followed the instlation steps but when I reboot after the data/factory reset it sits on a black screen and does nothing.
The only thing i've done differently is use v1.08 of safestrap instead of v1.06

Status
Not open for further replies.