[ROM] (Old)Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
so the mobilehotspot included in the ROM does not work?
can it be included in the next update? thank you.

jesusishere

Reaction score
If you have completed the Team Blackhat inspired hack:

1. Go to mobile hotpot.
2. Enable Wireless Tether
3. You May want to disable WPA if you are lazy like me but other people could connect as well, which I either hack or kick off my network.
4. Connect with the device you want the default network will be names Verizon DROID 8XXXX the X's equals random numbers. You can change the default broadcast name. I usually name it something along the lines of "free candy for young boys" yes I know im disturb.

If you haven't done the hack yet you will have to either hack it (the post is another part of these forums) or use Wifi Garden and connect via blutooth but I never got that to really work.

The reason why we can't use the normal free wifi tether that you have used before on other phones is because of Verizon who made Moto embed their mobile hotpot app into their rom +in the settings apk so removing it is nearly impossible). This app detects to see if the ports normally uses for wifi tether are being used by another app, if so it blocks it. The only rom you cam freely wifi tether with out hacking your radio is Hashcodes ICS rom. The issue there is that the rom isnt completely stable, its a battery hog, and that the camera doesn't work. Its a great rom but its still in Alpha.

The Tether Hack

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161734

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

uToTMeH8

Reaction score
Strange, I can tether for free using mobile hotspot with Liberty and no hack...

jesusishere

Reaction score
That's really strange because I had to hack mine to do so on the Liberty Rom.

butcher98

Reaction score
I flashed this rom last night and it is awesome, battery life is crazy but i'm having a problem with the bluetooth, when i pair the phone with my car it will do that then when it tries to connect the phone services crashes. Anyone else have these issues?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Added screen shot to the power menu tonight. And it works of course!

jesusishere

Reaction score
I flashed this rom last night and it is awesome, battery life is crazy but i'm having a problem with the bluetooth, when i pair the phone with my car it will do that then when it tries to connect the phone services crashes. Anyone else have these issues?

I havent. Are you trying to stream music or just connect with phone?

Added screen shot to the power menu tonight. And it works of course!

You're a bamf

butcher98

Reaction score
Just connect the phone. Maybe i will re-flash. I flashed the rom again and as soon as I start my car the phone process fails instantly. Need to figure this out, have to be hands free driving.

Last edited:

jesusishere

Reaction score
Just connect the phone. Maybe i will re-flash. I flashed the rom again and as soon as I start my car the phone process fails instantly. Need to figure this out, have to be hands free driving.

Yeah try reflashing it again...
Sorry

butcher98

Reaction score
Well I flashed wiped everything again and still get process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.

So I took the blurphone.apk from the liberty rom i was running and replaced the one in this rom and everything works.

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I flashed wiped everything again and still get process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.

So I took the blurphone.apk from the liberty rom i was running and replaced the one in this rom and everything works.

Sounds like a bad download.

jesusishere

Reaction score
I agree, I had an issue with the mobile hotpot and I redownloaded and flashed the rar and now it works.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We are getting close to our next release guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.