old Google Earth vs new Google Earth

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I have a standard (non-rooted) Droid and I installed Google Earth before it was officially released into the market. I was able to get it through instructions that were posted in forums.

Is there a difference between the version I have and the newer official released version? For example, will I get update notifications?

How do I completely delete the older version, since I can't just uninstall?

Thanks!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
There have been some Google Earth updates, but I assume they are just bug fixes since I have seen no difference. I don't think you will get updates unless you install the one from the market. Why can't you uninstall Google Eath? If you installed it you should be able to uninstall it. Do you get an error or just do not have that option?

OP
S

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
There have been some Google Earth updates, but I assume they are just bug fixes since I have seen no difference. I don't think you will get updates unless you install the one from the market. Why can't you uninstall Google Eath? If you installed it you should be able to uninstall it. Do you get an error or just do not have that option?

No, it doesn't show up on my "downloads" list in the market. I installed the older version using my pc so it wasn't the traditional way of installing apps.

Reaction score
From the home screen, press menu, settings, applications, manage applications, then uninstall it from that list :)

OP
S

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
From the home screen, press menu, settings, applications, manage applications, then uninstall it from that list :)

sweet it worked! Now am I going to have any residual files sitting in my memory since I did it via pc?