Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
a little :) Ok got droid 2 other day after the droid 1 disaster, with adw is there anyway to get the 5 selections in the drawer setting and get it on the bottom on the side?

Thanks .. oh and is wifi hot spot free? lol

Thanks

macisme

Reaction score
Im sort of in the same boat here I guess I'll just have to post my own thread and hope one of us get a reply

gunz.jones

Reaction score
You can do wifi tether with barnacle and a few other programs. Technically it should not be free. Also, search mydroidworld for all the tbh hacks. There is some information in there about tether options.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Settings> ADWLauncher> UI Settings> Secondary ActionButtons

That'll give you the 4 free slots and the app drawer.

And even rooted the WiFi Hotspot feature isn't free. You'll have to install a wireless tethering app, like the one in my sig ;) if you want free tethering. Any discussions about hacking the WiFi Hotspot app are against forum rules.

Hope you enjoy the new phone! :)

Reaction score
I don't use adw launcher. I tried it a couple times, it doesn't register my screen swipes correctly. If I swipe right, it thinks I swiped left. Its not that I don't know how to swipe either. Launcherpro is extremely accurate at registering and knowing what my screen presses and swipes mean.

ben96

Reaction score
Wifi hotspot isn't free

pafireman

Reaction score

And even rooted the WiFi Hotspot feature isn't free. You'll have to install a wireless tethering app, like the one in my sig ;) if you want free tethering. Any discussions about hacking the WiFi Hotspot app are against forum rules.

Why is talking about hacking the wifi hotspot against forum rules..... Just about everything that is talked about is against big red rules and would void the warranty. long time watcher of the forum and wondered about this for some time now...... any answer would be nice..

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Because it's hacking licensed and proprietary software. It counts as theft technically in my opinion since it's a paid app/service being used free. Similar to warez and phreaking phones.

pafireman

Reaction score
Because it's hacking licensed and proprietary software. It counts as theft technically in my opinion since it's a paid app/service being used free. Similar to warez and phreaking phones.

so is when the rom maker adds programs to their roms ...... not trying to make waves but just saying the roms do the same thing

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have not heard about this rule.. when and why?

pafireman

Reaction score

Must be using this rule:
17. Most forums prohibit warez, cracks or illegal downloading of software and similar topics

But the root itself goes against that rule

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep! It is not allowed and if this continues this thread will be history!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That makes 2 of us so I checked. There are no rules against talking about wifi hot spots. We've been talking about that for the longest time.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think there's some confusion here. Wifi tethering is not against the rules but discussing ways of hacking vzw's wifi hotspot feature is against the rules. If that makes sense.