Ok im rooted with Gingerbreak

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow that was ridiculously easy.. got Gingerbreak file right off 4shared and installed it quick.. I think I did it right I have superuser permissions.. I froze some bloatware so far.. what should I do next and also is this Gingerbreak rootpermanent.. ne suggestions im a newbie to the.root game

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Next I would recommend searching for the v6 super charger script (the author has a detailed FAQ in his post) and running it on the x2 w/ the following custom values : 6/12/75/125/150/175. That should help with better memory partioning.

Can I find this on 4shared app

I keep getting syntax error

Will this work for .596? If not is there anything available?

What's .596?
It should work on any rooted android rom
I keep getting syntax error

Need more details.
Also, it could be an issue with busybox. Try a 1.16 version
Recently, 1.18.3 and up mess up my phone in that init.d boot scripts don't even run (for example, no ext partition apps show up).
It's really dumb because every version used to work fine on CM7 and I'm still on CM7 so I don't get it.

Appreciate the reply.. I am brand new to.this stuff so it took me a while.. but I got.it finally.. busy box wasn't the problem ... I needed to download into my phone that auto start up file u made.. this thing works awesome... coolest thing ever. Ne suggestions on custom roms... im trying to tinker with being rooted.. imscared to overclock and destroy the phone.. im all ears for any tips or info to maximize my phone... the only thing with the supercharger is I can't find the script to run at boot.. thanks a bunch

I have no clue about X2 specific stuff really, since I have a milestone ;)
I only know that it works great with 6,12,75,125,150,175 minfrees (will be in V8)

You can check out the droidx forums as well.

To run at boot you just have to open up script manager, hit menu, select "List," select BOTH V6 Supercharger AND 99SuperCharger and mark each one to "run at boot" and "run as root."

Keep in mind the "current minfree values" are the values that were there when you loaded the phone. So if you run the V6 script and see the current values as the one you set, then that means it's working. Hope this helps.

Actually, there is no need to run the V6 SuperCharger script at boot - that's the installation script.
You only need to run that when you want to change or check settings.

I have a droid x. Installed Gingerbreak. Ran it but all it did was run and run and run. Never rebooted my phone. What's up?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It doesn't work for the stock gingerbread build on the X.

Edit: My bad. I didn't see this was for the X2.

Last edited:
Back