oh no...white HTC screen stays on

icon23a

Reaction score
OK so i unlocked,got custom recovery,and tried scotts rom 4.3. once i got to recovery i found the file and when i selected it it said cant find update script.
So now i have either fastboot menu or recovery. the phone will not load past the white screen. Any ideas.....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
scotts rom you have to load the boot.img via bootloader/ hboot. boot into hboot and it should prompt you to update/ load the pgimg.

OP
icon23a

icon23a

Reaction score
ok so let me try to wrap my head around this...i have the cleanrom 4.3 folder on the sd card. what i think your saying is inside that folder there's a PH98IMG file that needs to be taken out and put on sd card separably. than i should be able to select it in hboot? holy crap im so confused.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No .. when you install cleanrom it automatically put a pg98img on your sdcard. That img is the boot.img. Now the previous versions would auto send you to bootloader so it will run. But this version you have to manually boot into the bootloader and install it. On htc devices pg(number).img is what the bootloader will read and flash. So to flash that the rezound will flash the boot.img they had to rename it "pg98.img". So basically the dev did alll the work you just have to boot into the boot loader. Which can be done by holding volume down and power.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
from scots site

Updated 4/8/12

• Place ROM on SD Card
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
  • Flash ROM. When ROM Completes you will have the option to install old firmware patch if needed. It will be located on the SD Card in the CleanROM Folder.
  • Now you will need to manually boot to bootloader. Do this by selecting Reboot to Bootloader via the Recoveries Development Menu (Amon Ra).
  • Device will then boot to fastboot when installation is complete
  • Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
  • Reboot
  • Profit!

CleanROM Developer Edition 1.2 - Downloads - CleanROMS

by the wayi know the rom i posted is clean rom de but the installation is the same for both roms.

OP
icon23a

icon23a

Reaction score
Thats where my problem is...at the boot menu it goes through a little check that shows its looking but does not find anything. it then returns to the boot menu where i can go to recovery or stay on boot menu...Now when i downloaded the file i extracted all the contents which then made a folder. that folder is what i put on the sd. i can view all its contents including the p98img file just nothing happens.:blink:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when you flash a rom leave it as a zip file don not extract the contents. Flash the zip file (it will be named cleanrom.... .zip

OP
icon23a

icon23a

Reaction score
ok making progress(i think) went to flash zip menu-choose zip from sdcard and than selected the zip file. it goes through a little check and then says
"cant find update script". All the files are there i think i just need to give them a little push in the right direction...lol..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do this: remove the zip file you have (it could be corrupted) and redownlad it and install it.

OP
icon23a

icon23a

Reaction score
leave it as a zip? trying that right now....let you know if it works...

OP
icon23a

icon23a

Reaction score
Think it worked...just waiting for the clean rom screen to clear up and then I should be good. It is taking awhile but ill wait...

OP
icon23a

icon23a

Reaction score
GOT IT....Thanks for the help...forgive me for the lack of knowledge but im coming from an iphone so you can imagine the differences. Anyways thanks again:biggrin:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
GOT IT....Thanks for the help...forgive me for the lack of knowledge but im coming from an iphone so you can imagine the differences. Anyways thanks again:biggrin:

Its fine we all go through the learning period. Here are some tips to help you.

If you want the ics like camera from the nexus:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmNhbWVyYWljcyJd

Also try google chrome its a faster we experience:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbmRyb2lkLmNocm9tZSJd