Oh boy I did it this time.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ready for a story of someone doing something he really doesn't understand well?

OK, well I had switched from Cyanogenmod to Sorcery and it worked fine for a few days. I wiped my caches as usual. Well then today I noticed my phone wouldn't go into landscape mode. Weird right? Well then I reboot my phone and when it boots back up, it loaded my old lock screen from Cyanogenmod. Weird but I ignored it. I then pull down my notification tray and notice...my toggles from Sorcery are there...but so are my toggles from Cyanogenmod...So here we go...I don't know what i was thinking, maybe sheer stupidity or lack of sleep...or both...but i formatted it....all of it. Cache/SDcard/data/System. I wipe the Data and factory reset. Ready for the funner part? Well i recently got a new laptop and had just installed Nexus Toolkit. So I have no back ups. No big deal right? Flash back to stock and unrooted then reroot, right?
WRONG. For some reason it wouldn't read my fastboot, this lead to me re-installing the drivers. Did that now it reads the phones fastboot. I'm golden! WRONG. when it takes me to the command prompt when it says my phone will seem like its belt looping, it does nothing. It just sits there not moving from the bootloader....

Am I screwed you guys? I mean when I power the phone on normally it just goes to the black screen with the white "Google" writing and the open padlock on the screen. Yet my computer doesn't show that the phone is there when I got to my computer. I can get into my bootloader and into clockwork but it doesn't seem like I can get files onto phone.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ready for a story of someone doing something he really doesn't understand well?

OK, well I had switched from Cyanogenmod to Sorcery and it worked fine for a few days. I wiped my caches as usual. Well then today I noticed my phone wouldn't go into landscape mode. Weird right? Well then I reboot my phone and when it boots back up, it loaded my old lock screen from Cyanogenmod. Weird but I ignored it. I then pull down my notification tray and notice...my toggles from Sorcery are there...but so are my toggles from Cyanogenmod...So here we go...I don't know what i was thinking, maybe sheer stupidity or lack of sleep...or both...but i formatted it....all of it. Cache/SDcard/data/System. I wipe the Data and factory reset. Ready for the funner part? Well i recently got a new laptop and had just installed Nexus Toolkit. So I have no back ups. No big deal right? Flash back to stock and unrooted then reroot, right?
WRONG. For some reason it wouldn't read my fastboot, this lead to me re-installing the drivers. Did that now it reads the phones fastboot. I'm golden! WRONG. when it takes me to the command prompt when it says my phone will seem like its belt looping, it does nothing. It just sits there not moving from the bootloader....

Am I screwed you guys? I mean when I power the phone on normally it just goes to the black screen with the white "Google" writing and the open padlock on the screen. Yet my computer doesn't show that the phone is there when I got to my computer. I can get into my bootloader and into clockwork but it doesn't seem like I can get files onto phone.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I was able to push the files onto the phone.... *face palm *

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So were you able to push a new rom flash and boot up and get it fixed?

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
So were you able to push a new rom flash and boot up and get it fixed?

Cellar Door

Yes I was haha. Now I just need to figure out if i can ever get my phone to go back to stock android. Also, if I ever need to send it into Verizon could they tell it had no operating system on the phone?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you flashed Cyanogen and then flashed sorcery with just a cache wipe. Changing bases like that without a /data wipe is asking for trouble.

As for your phone not reading, I've heard of this happening on windows operating systems. In fact, when I first got the Nexus, something similar happened to me with drivers. On Linux I haven't had the issue with the phone being read through adb/fastboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I was haha. Now I just need to figure out if i can ever get my phone to go back to stock android. Also, if I ever need to send it into Verizon could they tell it had no operating system on the phone?

As long as you restore a factory image or use Odin to restore it back to stock... And re lock it... You'll be just fine

Cellar Door