2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to program
connect USB
data cable

when i connect the usb cable the last 2 lines change to

tranfer mode:
USB

i have tried removing the battery for 20 min, still stuck in bootloader. tried hard factory reset, wont work, still stuck in bootloader. I am not very techy, and tried to read some instructions on here, but they're talking about sbf and rsd and i have no idea what those are. can anybody talk me through what i need to do to get my phone alive again??

ive been charging it for hours, but idk if its doing anything

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
OP
C

ckatie

Reaction score
theres no way for me to tell that its fully charged! the screen wont turn off if its plugged in (to the wall btw) if i hit the power button to turn it off, its completely powers off the phone. it says battery ok, but i have no idea how charged it is since the screen is constantly on. ill start reading through that link and check back! thank you!!!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
OP
C

ckatie

Reaction score
if i have to root thats fine! i just need this thing to work until i can get a Bionic in my hot little hands!! when i took it off the wall charger and connected to computer it said battery low cannot program! so im thinking i might be SOL. i dont know anybody else who still has this phone to try to use their battery or use their phone to charge my battery! i did find a link to the sbf file that is needed if that is what you were looking for. Thank you so much for your help! im gonna let my phone sit another bit plugged to the wall and see what i can come up with!

OP
C

ckatie

Reaction score
good thinking, ill have to see if i can leave work for a bit

thats a no go!

OP
C

ckatie

Reaction score
ok, yea, my phone wont stay charged enough (even after 2 hours wall charging) to not go back to the battery low screen when i connect it to the computer! *sigh* goodbye my ever loving og droid!!!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK, I thought that was what I was looking for, but it isnt. The post Im looking for had pics, but I cant find it for the life of me. Anyway, here's the instructions:
How to Fix
One thing that you may notice is that when you have this error, your phone will not charge the battery and you'll only be able to see the screen turn on if its plugged into the wall. Somewhere on the screen it will say "Your Battery is Low" and "Cannot Reprogram" or something like that. The easiest way to get through this is to find a friend with a charged battery or go to your local Verizon store and see if they have a demo phone they can use to charge your battery. If you're like me though you will not be lucky in any sense like this so you will have to find the MacGyver inside of you and get a little creative. What you need for this is an old USB cord. One end must be a standard USB cable head and the other can pretty much be anything. Once you have that, follow these steps:

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

7. While still holding the leads on their respective terminals, slide the battery back into place in the phone. MAKE SURE THE WIRES ARE NOT TOUCHING WHEN YOU PUT THE BATTERY INTO THE PHONE! BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN ONCE YOU PLUG THE CORD INTO THE COMPUTER!

Note: As tested by parm289, you can skip step 7 and just use the cable to charge the battery if you'd like. He recommends allowing it to charge for 6-7 minutes before placing it back into the phone. Thanks parm!

8. Once the battery is in place and the wires are on the correct terminals but not touching each other, plug the USB cord into the computer. If all has gone as it should, the screen on your phone should come on (may have to press the power button) and the phone should be telling you that the battery charge is okay and that it is okay to program. YAY! Your phone is almost back to normal!

9. Go back up to the previous section in this post that tells you how to reflash the .sbf and follow all of the instructions there. Once that has finished flashing the .sbf to your phone, your phone should be back to working order! You will most likely have to redo the entire setup on your phone but at least your phone is no longer a fancy paperweight .

Try this at your own risk!!!!!