OG Droid call quality deteriorates during call.

Reaction score
I have a Original Moto Droid it is currently flashed with Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 but frankly this problem has followed me from stock to other roms.

When I first make or receive a call the call quality is great but it soon starts to cut out. The signal in my apartment is weak so I bought a Verizon Network Extender hoping to clear it up. Hasn't helped. I also have trouble connecting to my wireless router. But part of that problem is because of heavy wireless traffic. There are like 15 different wireless routers around and even my laptop has trouble sometimes making the connection. I have to change channels on my router to find a clean channel.

Could the cell phone connections problems be because of the large amounts of routers or is my phone screwed up?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Try this:

Open the dialer and dial ##PROGRAM

Choose "Vocode" and then select "EVRC-B"

Reboot and give it a try.

EDIT: Basically, EVRC-B is a better voice encoding method than EVRC. A lot of people have success with 13k too, which means that the voice signal isn't compressed at all when sent or received.

OP
nlinecomputers
Reaction score
Try this:

Open the dialer and dial ##PROGRAM

Choose "Vocode" and then select "EVRC-B"

Reboot and give it a try.

EDIT: Basically, EVRC-B is a better voice encoding method than EVRC. A lot of people have success with 13k too, which means that the voice signal isn't compressed at all when sent or received.

I have done that EVRC-B but I've never tried 13K. Worth a try.