OG Droid Apps that dont work when moved to SD

spatialfear

Reaction score
Was wondering if I can get a list from the Vets up in here on which apps do not function when moved to SD storage. Asking since I got SD Booster and it states not to place in SD Card. So that I know exactly or close to what I have to have in Phone memory to work properly in my Rooted Droid. Which leaves all new apps to be moved into SD with no issues. Any help would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks

dasanman69

Reaction score
Was wondering if I can get a list from the Vets up in here on which apps do not function when moved to SD storage. Asking since I got SD Booster and it states not to place in SD Card. So that I know exactly or close to what I have to have in Phone memory to work properly in my Rooted Droid. Which leaves all new apps to be moved into SD with no issues. Any help would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks

Avoid putting apps with a widget on the SD card.

OP
spatialfear

spatialfear

Reaction score
If you get a good apps2sd app it should tell you what apps are OK to move to the SD card.

This post is Incredible 2!

That I have and correct it does let you know to an extent what can be moved to sd. Technically it lets me move all to sd but unless I play around and move apps in and out of sd card to phone and vice versa I will know what works or not. Hence my request for users that have gone thru this process already. If thats the case then I will have to do that but figured I'd ask to see whats up.

If app is in phone it boots first before sd card loads correct? If so then thats the idea to which apps I need to have in phone. EX: can Titanium Backup be placed in SD to work properly? apps2sd says it can be moved and so can sd booster but sd booster does not work when placed in sd...try it and see what I mean. My Droid has been great thus far with the Newest Cyanogen. A couple tweaks n it'd be awesome. Any apps out there that you guys can suggest I add to me collection in regards to memory. I will also upgrade to the Paid Version of Titanium Backup to freeze n delete Bloat ware as well soon. Thanks for your replies and assistance. This Site ROCKS :hail:

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launchers should NOT be put on sd card. Widgets will not run from sd card, but the app associated with it will, like Shazam and Soundhound. I have them on sd card and don't use widgets.

Same for all Media apps. They are fine on sd card. Social apps such as Facebook and Twitter (and Twitter apps such as Plume and Tweetcaster) all run fine from card, but no widgets. (If you like the scrolling updates, keep app on phone).

Maps are fine on sd card. Games also. YouTube/Get Glue/Four Square all are fine from sd card. External SMS /mms apps (Hancent/Chomp....) are fine on sd card, as are mail apps (K9/Touchdown/Kaiten....)

Even certain system apps are fine on sd card, provided you are rooted and can move them. I have Gmail and maps on the card.

Dialers can work from the card. Some people (rooted) have removed the system dialer and contact apps and tried to force other dialers as system apps. This can be done with launchers, but NOT dialers. All dialers rely on info from "native" dialer to work.

If you have questions, let us know! Hope some of this helped!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
spatialfear

spatialfear

Reaction score
Launchers should NOT be put on sd card. Widgets will not run from sd card, but the app associated with it will, like Shazam and Soundhound. I have them on sd card and don't use widgets.

Same for all Media apps. They are fine on sd card. Social apps such as Facebook and Twitter (and Twitter apps such as Plume and Tweetcaster) all run fine from card, but no widgets. (If you like the scrolling updates, keep app on phone).

Maps are fine on sd card. Games also. YouTube/Get Glue/Four Square all are fine from sd card. External SMS /mms apps (Hancent/Chomp....) are fine on sd card, as are mail apps (K9/Touchdown/Kaiten....)

Even certain system apps are fine on sd card, provided you are rooted and can move them. I have Gmail and maps on the card.

Dialers can work from the card. Some people (rooted) have removed the system dialer and contact apps and tried to force other dialers as system apps. This can be done with launchers, but NOT dialers. All dialers rely on info from "native" dialer to work.

If you have questions, let us know! Hope some of this helped!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Thanks u have made it easier to tweak my cell....ty much...and I totally appreciate all input from all that posted here.

zachdroid

Reaction score
If you use link2sd you can put them all on the sdcard and it functions like an extension of the phones memory. Search for "ultimate app 2 sd thread" or a variant thereof. GodfatherIP has s great write up there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums