"Official" Spider-man joining the Avengers and the MCU

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
eLqhvsJ.png

During the Sony leak there were back and forth talks about Spider-man being used by Marvel in the Civil War Movie. Well according to Latino Review Spider-man may indeed be joining the Avengers in the Infinity War story line scheduled to take place in 2018. I personally do not know how to take this rumor as it would be foolish for Sony to let go of their most successful franchise, yet Sony have been miss as of late with the Spider-man franchise and they are already selling off a couple of their divisions. So I could see Sony entering a contract deal where they lease off Spider-man to Marvel in hopes of creating a buzz for a Spider-man franchise that the fans have all but given up on.
For those aware of the Infinity storyline how do you feel about Spider-man possibly joining the Avengers on the big screen and would you rather see the classic Spider-man or Marvel distance themselves by actually changing the storyline and using the Miles Morales Spider-man in the Infinity story?

Rumor Spider-Man to appear in Avengers Infinity War Part 1 in 2018 - Spider-Man News

Sony is denying the rumor that they will be leasing off Spider-man to Marvel for the Infinity War story. Sony Denies Spider-Man Avengers Infinity War Rumor - Comic Book Resources

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
They need to use spiderman... No doubt. He's a pivotal character in the Civil War story line. With Andrew Garfield basically getting himself kicked off the franchise Sony might as well let someone else take the reins. I've heard this "lease/renting" of spidey back to Marvel for a while and I think it's their best bet right now.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I can't get myself to like spiderman......every time I try to get into it I just find myself saying meh.........I am a Ironman groupie

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like Spiderman, but I've been underwhelmed by almost all of the movies they've made. The first Toby Maguire (sp?) one was kinda cool, but interest level fell off for me after that.

I've watch both new ones (hope there were only two) and those were ok, but nothing that I HAD to watch (we waited a long time for each) and nothing that I'd probably sit down and watch again, whereas I've watched the Avengers and Iron Man and even the first Captain America more than once each.

I would love to see Spidey done in a way that put it up there with the caliber of these other movies as far as my own personal opinions of them go.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like mouthy characters.. Hence deadpool... Whom they say got the whole lippy thing from spiderman... So spiderman is OK with me. Lol..

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL!
Yeah, I liked the first couple Spiderman movie's but lost interest after that.
He needs to incorporate more weaponry into his web slinging arsenal IMO.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like mouthy characters.. Hence deadpool... Whom they say got the whole lippy thing from spiderman... So spiderman is OK with me. Lol..
I enjoy mouthy characters as well, but only when they're funny. In that regard, I liked the new ones better, but there just still seems to be something missing.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I enjoy mouthy characters as well, but only when they're funny. In that regard, I liked the new ones better, but there just still seems to be something missing.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk
Masculinity?
All the Avengers have 1 masculine quality that hasn't changed over the decades. "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission". They also have another masculine quality in their ability to laugh at themselves somewhat when they inevitably mess everything up. Spider-Man doesn't seem to have reached down into his innards and grabbed his inherent need to take things too far and to not take things seriously enough. When Lokie (sp?) took control of the Avengers minds in the movie SM would've just sat in a corner reflecting his negative emotions instead of going overboard and wreaking havoc with the rest of his compatriots.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Masculinity?
All the Avengers have 1 masculine quality that hasn't changed over the decades. "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission". They also have another masculine quality in their ability to laugh at themselves somewhat when they inevitably mess everything up. Spider-Man doesn't seem to have reached down into his innards and grabbed his inherent need to take things too far and to not take things seriously enough. When Lokie (sp?) took control of the Avengers minds in the movie SM would've just sat in a corner reflecting his negative emotions instead of going overboard and wreaking havoc with the rest of his compatriots.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Not sure if that's it exactly, but I'd say that's better than I could explain what it feels like. Somewhere along those lines, now that you mention it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that's it exactly, but I'd say that's better than I could explain what it feels like. Somewhere along those lines, now that you mention it.
He's always been a little too in touch with his feminine side, not enough masculine side to go along with narcissistic tendencies that only strengthen his victim mentality to me.
Even in comic books as a kid Spider-Man always made me want to shove him into a locker after giving him a wedgie.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That kinda makes sense, because yeah, he's "mouthy" as we've discussed a bit in here, but he's a punk b****, so that's why I don't enjoy his mouthiness. You've clarified my own mentality for me and I appreciate it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Baaahahahahahaha.. Shove him in a locker after giving him a wedgie... Roflmmfao..

I could see that... As he slams the door.. "your spider sense didn't see that one coming.." lol

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The 90s Fox Spider-man show I felt was good and what got me in to Spider-man. The first 2 Spider-man movies were good with the exception of how they handled his relationship with Mary Jane.
This second batch of Spider-man movies I felt was going in the right direction with the more dark and realistic approach and then it was like they forgot what they were doing and thought they were making a cartoon. Toby Mcguire captured the nerd element well but the MJ thing just sucked. Andrew Garfield I felt worked except for in the second movie where they turned him into a whiny.... well you get my drift.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Edit: to the OP

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As stated in the OP, Sony has denied the rumor that Spider-man will be in Marvel's Infinity War story line. Though unfortunate I think with the direction Marvel has gone thus far the movie will be good regardless. Plus with the Avengers, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-man, and the Inhumans they have enough to work with considering the movie world, unlike in comics, you have 2hrs to establish a story, a climax, and a resolution and the more involved the more the movie could feel rushed, ie Amazing Spider-man 2.