Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Teaser Video!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung is gearing up to launch the Galaxy Note 8 on August 23, and we now have an official Teaser video! The 30 second video entitled "Do Bigger Things" strikes through negatives replacing them with positives. This suggest the Note 8 will be the tool you need to get some serious work done. At the end of the video we get an animated silhouette showcasing the Infinity Display design. The video ends with the date of the unpacked event and link for watching the event live. It's time to get excited folks!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
seriously?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I'm just not a Sammy fan. IMO, the only reason they are where they are is: Marketing. Not because they make the best phones. They've learned from Apple what it takes to make it: marketing. Not because they are the best.
HTC made some horrific commercials a few years back, look where they are. Moto barely advertises at all, and the market share shows.
Granted, I know the Note is a quality line. The stylus has a lot of fans. It's just not my cup of tea. Not to mention it's hard to get excited about phones anymore for me.
I certainly hope Samsung kills it with this phone.

pchain

Reaction score
I really would like to be excited about the Note 8, or any other high end phone, but the prices now have driven so high it discourages me from considering them. If the Note 8 were less than $600 then I would be excited.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
9 more days of leaks :) I cannot wait though I am not sure if I am getting one now because of the rumored price.
And 9 more days of leaked pics and specs here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
I can't stand the design of current Samsung phones.

1) All glass. Slippery, prone to drops, cracks and scratches.

2) Too thin. Make it thicker, increase internal space for better specs.

3) Rounded sides lead to "ghost touches". You almost have to have a case to hold these phones without your fingers accidentally triggering as touches on the display when holding the sides. Also, because of all this freaking glass, you basically have to have a case on these phones anyways, negating the sleek look. Since you're negating the sleek look, they might as well have a sturdier back to begin with...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I disagree with all you say with the exception of ghost touches. I have no problems with glass backs or scratches. I have no problems with it being thin, since it makes it easier to sneak it into work :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm surprised how much I like my S8+... I came into it thinking no way would I like long form factor but feel in hand is great although I use a case always... There are not too many phones I would go without a case.. I think this Note 8 will be a winner.. They reduce the side edges a little and you have the pen its a slam dunk... Only thing to stop peeps would be the prices of these high end phones

Sent using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree with Briankbl. Stop using glass on the back of a phone. I just don't understand that at all...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the days of thick phones are behind us. I'd rather see a cool flip phone come back. ;)

2) Too thin. Make it thicker, increase internal space for better specs.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I think the days of thick phones are behind us. I'd rather see a cool flip phone come back. ;)
I'm not saying make it 3 inches thick. I'm saying it doesn't have to be 3 millimeters thin, or whatever the actual number is. Make it a bit thicker so we can have better specs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk