Official Launch of the Samsung Galaxy S IV Reveals Impressive Specs

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
If I had a choice I'd put a more efficient processor in it rather than that Octahog, these core wars have had their day and now it's not paying off to have the latest cutting edge anymore. Efficiency is where it's at, but the marketing to people like you is more important.

From what I've read that's the point of the Octacore, it's supposed to be more efficient.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Does the S4 have the MultiTasking Ability like the Note 2? Not sure if i missed it somewhere?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Not every other Sammy, the Note 2 has been great on signal and I really haven't read anything about problems.

As I said like every other Sammy I have had. Never had the N2 so can't really offer an opinion. I had the G'Nex and tried the S3 for several days. Radios on both were miserable for me in the area I live in.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
From what I've read that's the point of the Octacore, it's supposed to be more efficient.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yea, and Obama supporters think he's fixing the economy. I agree with what's supposed to be but if it were all that, they why isn't it in the device? They reported early on the chip simply can't deal with LTE and had some major power issues.

huskur

Reaction score
As I said like every other Sammy I have had. Never had the N2 so can't really offer an opinion. I had the G'Nex and tried the S3 for several days. Radios on both were miserable for me in the area I live in.

I have the Note 2 and my wife has the S3 and there is (was) a noticeable difference in the radios. The Note 2 picks up 4G way sooner than the S3 and keeps it longer. Also the Note 2 once it gets the signal it holds it well. After the update to 4.1.2 the S3 just got the radio is much better and is on par with the Note. Like you, I will also not make the switch until I see how the radio reacts and performs. Though the S4 looks awesome. Why would I switch from the Note 2? Well there is only so much you can put on the SD card and the Note only has 16 GB of internal storage which almost 6 GB is used up with the operating system. I like the fact that they will offer 16, 32 and 64 GB models. I will wait it out for the time being.......

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I have the Note 2 and my wife has the S3 and there is (was) a noticeable difference in the radios. The Note 2 picks up 4G way sooner than the S3 and keeps it longer. Also the Note 2 once it gets the signal it holds it well. After the update to 4.1.2 the S3 just got the radio is much better and is on par with the Note. Like you, I will also not make the switch until I see how the radio reacts and performs. Though the S4 looks awesome. Why would I switch from the Note 2? Well there is only so much you can put on the SD card and the Note only has 16 GB of internal storage which almost 6 GB is used up with the operating system. I like the fact that they will offer 16, 32 and 64 GB models. I will wait it out for the time being.......
Yes I've got to say with internal storage and SD mountable storage up to 64 GB, that is a must today with media files, work productivity files, and pictures. In addition to having a removable and expandable battery, this phone should sell like hotcakes. Battery life on stock will be very good nonetheless, Mophie and Mugen Power I'm sure will make products to further enhance battery life for the device. Only thing I wish the phone had was micro-HDMI like Razr Maxx and Bionic, having to buy a dongle for micro-USB to micro-HDMI seems trivial. Otherwise, can't say there's anything missing with this device. Whether or not I'm willing to pay full-retail for it remains to be seen, maybe grab a deal on Ebay or Amazon.:blink:

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I'm eligible for an upgrade shortly (or now if I transfer one from another line). I've been a Motorola guy for a long time, but the lack of support for their devices lately is really making me rethink that. This has got everything I need to strongly consider jumping ship. I just wish we had concrete info on the Moto X phone so I could be completely sure.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've read a couple of hands on reviews and it is an impressive phone but it sounds like some of the 'super features' aren't working very well ie gestures and eye tracking. I also don't like the chrome band, it reminds me of a iPhone.

Am I bad person because I still want a Note II?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, and Obama supporters think he's fixing the economy. I agree with what's supposed to be but if it were all that, they why isn't it in the device? They reported early on the chip simply can't deal with LTE and had some major power issues.

I heard the new Sammy has an Obamacore processor. While it's eight cores are powerful, it has a GoPU bottleneck and thus can't really perform well for the user.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I heard the new Sammy has an Obamacore processor. While it's eight cores are powerful, it has a GoPU bottleneck and thus can't really perform well for the user.

It's cool though, it has a future update pending to fix this issue, rumor has it it'll be called "Rome 2.0".