~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

Tberger15

Reaction score
System Update messed up my calendars

My calendars were all wiped our after a system update a week ago and I can't seem to get them back. Also, the facebook app only works about a quarter of the time now.

polack

Reaction score
Ok. so after a week of a dead battery after only seven hours i uninstalled my task manager and now i'm rocking my droid all day again. I didn't want to think it but task killers really are messing with froyo. if your having battery problems like alot of us are, uninstall your task managers and try the phone like that for a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. When in still camera mode, I noticed some of the settings are missing when compared to 2.1. Specifically I couldn't find the settings for picture quality, color effect, scene mode, picture size. Were they removed? If I press menu on the phone, I get the option to switch to video or gallery.

Thanks for any help.

They are there, you're just not scrolling.

On the top icon where it says Auto, Infinity, etc. scroll down that column. You will see what you are looking for.

Snoking

Reaction score
Ok. so after a week of a dead battery after only seven hours i uninstalled my task manager and now i'm rocking my droid all day again. I didn't want to think it but task killers really are messing with froyo. if your having battery problems like alot of us are, uninstall your task managers and try the phone like that for a week.

Hello! It has only been posted a million times! Froyo does not like task killers. If you go to the Market ATK is still on the list of top free apps. A friend was over the other day and she had both ATK and Lookout running! I removed both for her.dancedroid

Chris

ricks

Reaction score
I did a factory reset 2 days ago and got the second ota with it. My battery lasts only 6 hours now. It used to last 24-36 hours. I dont have a task killer. This sucks. I love my Droid and keep it in new condition. Verizon is sending me one of those refurbished ones and it has me feeling worried that it wont be in new condition. Did I say this sucks...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a factory reset 2 days ago and got the second ota with it. My battery lasts only 6 hours now. It used to last 24-36 hours. I dont have a task killer. This sucks. I love my Droid and keep it in new condition. Verizon is sending me one of those refurbished ones and it has me feeling worried that it wont be in new condition. Did I say this sucks...

I'm totally amazed at anyone who has a battery in a smart phone that goes beyond 12 hours with normal use. I don't think that's even possible.

For me in the evening, 6 hours is what I get out of a battery with heavy usage. I'm afraid your next Droid may disappoint you as well. But good luck, I'm sure we will hear from you again.

Snoking

Reaction score
Did you try to do the manual large file reload. I believe the new large file FRG22D will install over the currect OS. Give it a try. I is quite surprising that VZW just sends out new phone rather than fixing the issues with the existing one. A VZW store most likely now has the full build FRG22D file available to reflash a phone. Guess they figure it is cheaper to just send a refurb phone out.

Chris

Last edited:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It will definitely install over the current OS.
I did just that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TheOldFart

Reaction score

I'm totally amazed at anyone who has a battery in a smart phone that goes beyond 12 hours with normal use. I don't think that's even possible.

For me in the evening, 6 hours is what I get out of a battery with heavy usage. I'm afraid your next Droid may disappoint you as well. But good luck, I'm sure we will hear from you again.

If he used to get 24-36 hours and now only gets 6 hours then your answer is of no significance. Just because you play with it for 6 hours straight doesn't mean that everyone does the same. When a person has changed nothing about his phone habits and there is a significant change in performance after an update then the answer is certainly not to say that no one gets over 12 hours on a smartphone. What is normal use for you might be extremely heavy use for another. I normally get 2 and occasionally 3 days between recharges.

There seems to be a lot of people having completely new issues since 22D came out. It should not be necessary to do a factory reset for a seemingly insignificant 1.6 MB update and taking the time to reload all of the free apps back onto the phone. There's something wrong with the software or the method of updating if this is required. If I update to a new Windows service pack or update to a new version of windows on my PC, I don't have to rebuild the computer from scratch. If I don't have to do this for a voluntary update then I shouldn't have to do it for a required update. A sledgehammer should not be required when Verizon sends out a non-voluntary update.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It will definitely install over the current OS.
I did just that.

And the result was? Anything running better? Improved battery life? Chris

Running better, yes. Faster. Hardly any redraws at all. Battery life seems the same, but I didn't have a drop with the previous upgrade /patch. Definitely worth a try, I'd say.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Try letting the battery drain all the way until the phone turns off. Then recharge it. It helps the OS learn about the battery it's using. This was suggested to me and I must say it worked for me.

ricks

Reaction score

For me in the evening, 6 hours is what I get out of a battery with heavy usage. I'm afraid your next Droid may disappoint you as well. But good luck, I'm sure we will hear from you again.[/QUOTE]

What is your definition of normal use? I use my Droid thru out the day, talking to people, web surfing, facebook several times a day, camera use, messing with settings and I always got at least 24 hours out of it. What do you do with yours that gets such crappy battery use?

Last edited:

maxnicks

Reaction score
I've had absolutely zero problems with it. I don't use the default launcher, I use Launcher Pro. I don't use the default music app, I use doubleTwist. Everything seems much more responsive since I updated.

maxnicks

Reaction score
I've seen the jumping from horizontal to vertical too. For me, I view that as a added feature. You can turn that off on your phone by going to SETTINGS > DISPLAY.

Regarding your Gmail, have you tried K9Mail? It's a freebie in the marketplace. I've used it for quite some time now.