Official bit the bullet and returned the Bionic for the Prime thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Actually I love this phone. I get at least 9 hours on the standard battery and a day n a half on the extended with moderate use. The Bionic is a great phone...it will be top for some time to come. ....at least the length of your contract...the new Nexus phone will be a minimal upgrade with dismal battery life is all Im saying.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gtofan350

Reaction score
I was gettin 6-8 on mine with everything turned off except wifi. I even turned off the LTE since its not in my market yet. I rooted it and froze a buncha apps. Never really was impressed with it. For it being a 300 dollar phone, I expected more.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Since we live in a economy where EVERYTHING is overpriced expect nothing to change with up coming phones...

illmatic636

Reaction score
In case anyone was still looking for Bionics at a discount, Amazonwireless is selling them for $.01 for new customers.

Just an FYI. I sent this to the news team this morning at like 4 am. lol

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was still looking for Bionics at a discount, Amazonwireless is selling them for $.01 for new customers.

Wow. The discounts happened fast. I thought it would take a while longer.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Too bad it's only for NEW customers. :-( I'm just waiting for this device to get a little cheaper before I get it!
What ever happened to customer loyalty?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm assuming that includes Amazon's small print - where basically you get hit with a double ETF if you cut out early? An ETF for Verizon, as well as Amazon.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
I had an OG droid for a long time and it took a hell of a beating, but it was always sluggish. It had a cracked screen and the battery cover somehow got lost, but it still kept trucking long after. What finally killed it was running out of battery and the phone was bricked. I'm sure i could have reflashed it or something but i had trouble loading a rom on it because i had to ghetto wire it but that's another story. I have a bionic now and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Not a single bug, never had a shut down. I one click rooted the phone and haven't had a single issue. My battery life has been great, for example with data/wifi shut off at night i lost 5% over 8 hours unplugged. A battery widget said it would have lasted over 7 days like this. Overall i found the phone to exceed my every expectation. New phones might have a better screen, and faster processor, they always will! I doubt any phone in the next year will far exceed the capabilities of this phone though. DLNA, HDMI, dual core processing, 1gb ram, Webtop+hdmi+bluetooth mouse and keyboard = a half assed PC. What can you do on the nexus that you can't do on this phone? Serious question, i would like to know.

Part of me wishes i waited for the nexus prime because the phone looks great, but as a nerd I'm always looking at the next best thing. Can't wait forever.

This is what it can do better than Bionic

• OMAP 4460 processor, which is rated at 1.5GHz (it's unclear if Google will underclock it or not - BGR seemed to think it'll be clocked at 1.2GHz, but our source thinks otherwise). Therefore, we're going to say the processor model is confirmed, pending exact clock speed clarification<-----------
  • 32GB internal storage<----------------------------
  • no SD card slot (like the Nexus S, argh)
  • LED notification (unlike the Nexus S)
  • 1GB RAM
  • LTE
  • NFC<----------------------------------------
  • 1080p HD recording @30fps
  • 5MP rear camera
  • possibly some sort of a time lapse feature
  • Ice Cream Sandwich confirmed as Android 4.0<----------------------------
  • Internally, the Verizon Nexus is known as Tuna/Tuna 4G (board/model) as well as Toro (product/device)
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen 4.65
most likely wont have sound issues we will see at launch well i will see you will be stuck with last years tec with this years price:wink:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Seriously, are you 16 years old and love to create fights? Your other troll thread got closed and I hope this one does also.

cjsmoove

Reaction score

• OMAP 4460 processor, which is rated at 1.5GHz (it's unclear if Google will underclock it or not - BGR seemed to think it'll be clocked at 1.2GHz, but our source thinks otherwise). Therefore, we're going to say the processor model is confirmed, pending exact clock speed clarification<-----------Bionic can be overclocked...
  • 32GB internal storage<----------------------------32GB sd card for the Bionic..
  • 1GB RAM...is this DDR2 ?
  • LTE
  • NFC<---------------------------------------- SDcards will soon have this
  • 5MP rear camera
  • Ice Cream Sandwich confirmed as Android 4.0<----------------------------Which we'll be getting as well.
  • Internally, the Verizon Nexus is known as Tuna/Tuna 4G (board/model) as well as Toro (product/device)
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen 4.65...most likely too big for most.
most likely wont have sound issues we will see at launch well i will see you will be stuck with last years tec with this years price:wink:

just saying...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

• OMAP 4460 processor, which is rated at 1.5GHz (it's unclear if Google will underclock it or not - BGR seemed to think it'll be clocked at 1.2GHz, but our source thinks otherwise). Therefore, we're going to say the processor model is confirmed, pending exact clock speed clarification<-----------
  • 1GB RAM
  • LTE
  • 5MP rear camera
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen 4.65

not all of that would be considered "better"

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

• 1GB RAM
  • LTE
  • 5MP rear camera
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen 4.65

No, that's what you HEARD it can do. We HEARD a lot about the bionic that did come to fruition. Bionic will be one of the first devices with ICS. And just on a personal note, screen size is way to big for a phone, 4.3 is pushing it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, that's what you HEARD it can do. We HEARD a lot about the bionic that did come to fruition. Bionic will be one of the first devices with ICS. And just on a personal note, screen size is way to big for a phone, 4.3 is pushing it.

Shadez, you have to know the screen size includes the buttons on the bottom since they're no longer capacitive.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Shadez, you have to know the screen size includes the buttons on the bottom since they're no longer capacitive.

I know this, and as I said before, I am sure the prime is going to be a great phone. And these are all 'reports'. Not one single thing in any of the data that has been provided has been confirmed nor will it be until the event. I just find it how ignorant people are that they take these reports as "Definite". No matter what phone it is, nothing is 'definite' until it's released. I hope everyone who gets a prime really enjoys is, as much as us who have the Bionic do. And hopefully they won't have the bugs we have, but I am sure there will be some, like any phone. This whole debate is absolutely ridiculous, people are arguing over personal preferences, which is basically saying their idea of a good phone is better than the other guys..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.