Occasional Slowdown

Chebyshev

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with Cyanogen 7.03 where it would occasionally slow down and act like something was using 100% of the processor. If music was playing, it would skip and play a short burst every half second or so. All interface elements would be unresponsive. If I hit the power button, the screen would shut off, but the tv-off style animation would play in 3 or so frames over 1-2s. After maybe 10-15s, the phone would snap out of it and go back to normal. This would happen sporadically. I could go days without seeing it and then it would happen twice in an hour. I couldn't find any information about a problem like this on various forums, but maybe my google-fu is weak.

I figured I'd just tough it out and hope it was fixed in 7.1 because it didn't make the phone unusable, but I just flashed to 7.1 and it is still happening.

Any ideas?

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I don't currently have a droid incredible, but is there a compcache feature for the memory in your rom? That basically compresses the memory to have more free while you are running your phone. On my OG droid, when compcache is enabled, the phone occaisionly slows down on me, until I go into recovery and wipe my cache and davlik cache. Trying that may clear up slowdown.

I should know more soon as I will be getting my wife's incredible in about a week when her iphone (boo) comes to our house.

acanfield

Reaction score
Did you try a full clean install of CM7.1 with cache and directory wipes? It is running smooth on my HTC Inc.

Oh, I also reinstalled all apps from the Market. Something about backups can cause force closes, according to the developers.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums