Nvidia CEO: Why Android tablets aren't selling

BOA

Reaction score
People are idiots! The Xoom is the best tablet on the market. Ipad2 is still a big iPod. The transformer is good but when will it get updates? Keyboard dock is an expensive, add on gimmick! And if I want a keyboard, I can use my Bluetooth keyboard. The Xoom will get updates first. I'm really enjoying 3.1. Lets see how long it takes for the transformer to get it. The Xoom will probably be on ice cream by then. But hey, at least you'll have a useless keyboard dock.lol

I generally ignore posts like this. The once that starts with "People are idiots... " or something like that.

People have their own opinion and preference. Obviously you like your Xoom and that's great. But everyone uses technology differently and looks for specific things from them. Again everyone has their opinion; they are not idiots because they don't agree with yours!

Just my 2 cents

accellpo

Reaction score
People are idiots! The Xoom is the best tablet on the market. Ipad2 is still a big iPod. The transformer is good but when will it get updates? Keyboard dock is an expensive, add on gimmick! And if I want a keyboard, I can use my Bluetooth keyboard. The Xoom will get updates first. I'm really enjoying 3.1. Lets see how long it takes for the transformer to get it. The Xoom will probably be on ice cream by then. But hey, at least you'll have a useless keyboard dock.lol

I generally ignore posts like this. The once that starts with "People are idiots... " or something like that.

People have their own opinion and preference. Obviously you like your Xoom and that's great. But everyone uses technology differently and looks for specific things from them. Again everyone has their opinion; they are not idiots because they don't agree with yours!

Just my 2 cents

OK, some people are idiots. Hows that?:)

I'm just saying, a year down the line, you'll see these same people complaining and asking why their cheap honeycomb tablet hasn't received an update. Then they'll say "duuuh, Android is fragmented". We've already seen this movie, yet people continue to buy hardware made by companies with unproven track records. Then they blame Android! Its ridiculous. High end HTC and Motorola devices are the only ones to be trusted at this time. Just my opinion.

Natey2

Reaction score
Sometimes, CEOs are forced to answer to investors for poor sales numbers, and a proven strategy (CEO course 101, taught in many MBA programs) is to point a finger(s) at someone else your product's sales numbers is dependant on.

And sometimes, CEOs have to attend another course called "How not to make dishonest and misleading forward-looking statements" regarding their projected sales numbers. This course is usually conducted by a Securities Litigation attorney in court, where the CEO's finger- pointing skills will not be as effective.

I would have edited my post above but can't for some reason...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

BOA

Reaction score

Just my 2 cents

OK, some people are idiots. Hows that?:)

I'm just saying, a year down the line, you'll see these same people complaining and asking why their cheap honeycomb tablet hasn't received an update. Then they'll say "duuuh, Android is fragmented". We've already seen this movie, yet people continue to buy hardware made by companies with unproven track records. Then they blame Android! Its ridiculous. High end HTC and Motorola devices are the only ones to be trusted at this time. Just my opinion.

Some point in that. It's like the saying you get what you buy! ASUS is a big player in this too. The Transformer is the one I have my eyes on at the moment. If it ever becomes available lol.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I don't think the marketing people are aware that there's an economic crisis going on... o_O It's almost like these companies think, "We're hurting for profit so lets make our tech more expensive to supplement our gross." As if the average consumer isn't hurting for cash too. I've been out of college for over a year and barely get any job interviews let alone a full-time job. As much as I love to have a tablet computer, it's a want not a necessity, and at the moment I don't see them as a wise investment. Even worse a new, more feature rich, tablet is released every 4-6 weeks so why fork out a bunch of hard-earned dough on yesterdays model. :cus: Okay, I'll stop venting now :biggrin:

silverfang77

Reaction score
It's too bad tablets have only become viable in the years following the souring of the stock market. If these had been around in the mid-2000s, they might have really taken off and potentially supplanted the regular computer. As things stand now, a regular computer is still a wiser investment, as you can upgrade the CPU, RAM and drives if need be.

turficus

Reaction score
Some point in that. It's like the saying you get what you buy! ASUS is a big player in this too. The Transformer is the one I have my eyes on at the moment. If it ever becomes available lol.

I just ordered the 32 gb Transformer on Amazon. It looks like they have them now. It said I should receive it on the 20th.

BOA

Reaction score

I just ordered the 32 gb Transformer on Amazon. It looks like they have them now. It said I should receive it on the 20th.

REALLY??? Checking now.

BOA

Reaction score
What's up with the 16GB once? It appears they only carry the 32.

turficus

Reaction score
I just checked too, and it looks like they are back to showing the way over inflated price from 3rd party sellers.

turficus

Reaction score
Well the 32 gb is back again, but says it will be in stock on the 20th. Maybe the supply is picking back up.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
People aren't idiots, fools who bought the outdated Zoom for $800 dollars are idiots. Plus who waits for updates, most of us (who are not idiots) will root our devices and update them ourselves.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
People aren't idiots, fools who bought the outdated Zoom for $800 dollars are idiots. Plus who waits for updates, most of us (who are not idiots) will root our devices and update them ourselves.

I just bought a xoom for 650...does that make me an idiot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums