Number of Android Phone Sales Per Day Jumps to 300,000

J

JohnDroid

andy-rubin-e1286574370906.jpg

Android's creator, Andy Rubin posted on Twitter earlier that Android's sales-per-day figures have risen to 300,000. In August, Eric Schmidt indicated our beloved Android's where selling at a rate of 200,000 per day. In just a few short months it's jumped by 100,000 per day. Let's see... at this rate there will be an Android phone for every man, woman and child in America in about two years! (assuming the rate doesn't accelerate further)

Source: Gizmodo
by dgstorm

Mayerling

Reaction score
I think that's awesome. Could you think of the possibilities if every cell phone user had an android device?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
that seems like an extremely unrealistic number, doesn't it? :huh:

World wide, nope. The US alone has what...330 million citizens and with kids as young as 12 sporting more than your basic phone, its not that amazing. Worldwide, thats 6+ billion people.

We could go for 54 years selling 300k phones a day before everyone would have one. Staggering, YUP! But its the truth. Don't forget, those aren't new contracts, they also include upgrades.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Insanity. Google continues it's inevitable journey to ruling the world. Thank God I'm in the the Big G's Boat!