Now that I'm Rooted...What the Best Custom Rom???

Gunslinger

Reaction score
CM7 nightlies are totally a daily driver for me. Everything I use works, no crashes, no random reboots. Some report issues with compass direction in maps, but I don't use it much since I know how to get to work and back, and to the bar :p

dancedroid

ABQNM

Reaction score
CM7 with the Tiamat 1.1.0 kernel works amazing.

I am currently running MIUI because I had not tried it and take away the launcher and replace with ADW or GO and then it is good. The MIUI launcher is too i* for me, but with a custom launcher and the uniform UI it is nice. Miss a few small tweaks from CM7 (like the lockscreen delay) but I am liking it. I may not go back to CM7 for a while since I have it on my OG Droid to play with also.

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Virtuous is good I like it because its close to stock but its better then cm7, or miui. With those to ROM my in call volume was very low

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

estafusisx

Reaction score
Virtuous is good I like it because its close to stock but its better then cm7, or miui. With those to ROM my in call volume was very low

Yea non-sense roms seem to be having that problem. I think CM is working on it though.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
My Inc2 was rooted on the first try...so im happy that was done successfully! Now my question is what ROM would you recomend the best right now to play with??

I am on my 2nd ROM now (Newts Pyramid RLS 1.5). It is worth giving a try if you like sense based roms. The one thing I like the most about this ROM is battery life, Over 24hr with no tweaking of the settings.

Cookie_Monster

Reaction score
Hard for anyone tell you what the best rom is cause what is good for one might be bad for the other. Best thing is to read and see what bugs are going on and what features are or are not working and see what you would like and try it out and go from there. with all my phones the X and X2 and INC2 and soon to be Droid 3 what i had to do is trial and error. alot of people were like do this rom its the best and i had issues and things i didnt like. Most of the rom i like are ones people dont really try.

kinz

Reaction score
I have been running Mongolia ROM. It is a sense based ROM which I like.it is a mix if gingerbread and 3.0. It has the looks of a stock rom with a custom feel.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
I agree with cookie monster. I'm running newts desire 3d ROM its gb 2.3.5 and sense 3.0. It's made for wvga so it looks and runs perfect. It comes with an oc kernal too. I'm not too into aosp its fast but too plain and miui is just too diffrent and weird to me. To each his own tho.

Sent from my Incredible 2 3D using Tapatalk

Rhayader

Reaction score
My best advice is to try a bunch out. Make backups obsessively, and have at it. I've tried a bunch of them on the Dinc2 -- CM7 nightlies, MIUI, OMFGB, and a couple different Sense 3.0 ROMs.

Just FYI, the CM7 nightlies are more than stable enough to work as a daily driver -- I've been running the latest build since it came out (on 8/31), and have had no issues other than the weird GMaps compass north/south switch (oddly enough, compass apps like GPS Status display the orientation just fine).

str8havoc

Reaction score
Bliss

My Inc2 was rooted on the first try...so im happy that was done successfully! Now my question is what ROM would you recomend the best right now to play with??

Im running Bliss, great rom if I could just be able to send pics on text messages.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Just so I am clear on this... when I was getting root access in recovery mode i made a backup. So that means I can return my phone to what it was before if it messes when I try roms right?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Just so I am clear on this... when I was getting root access in recovery mode i made a backup. So that means I can return my phone to what it was before if it messes when I try roms right?
If you made a backup in CWM Recovery, then you can just restore it from recovery and it will go back to the same as it was when you made the backup in case you don't like the new rom or just want to go back, etc. It will not restore to factory condition (s-on) if that is what you are asking to do. It just gets you right back to where you were when you made the backup.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Ok just making sure that is what I was doing when I created the backup. I downloaded the miui rom and already reverted back. It was nice but it was kind of annoying that I couldn't take certain apps off the home page like gmail and stuff. Kind of seems backwards to have a rooted phone and not be able to have exactly what you want on your home pages.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok just making sure that is what I was doing when I created the backup. I downloaded the miui rom and already reverted back. It was nice but it was kind of annoying that I couldn't take certain apps off the home page like gmail and stuff. Kind of seems backwards to have a rooted phone and not be able to have exactly what you want on your home pages.

With miui you can take things off your home page. You just need to make a folder and put them all in there. Then put the folder on your dockbar.

Sent from my Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score

I like MIUI, but I hate the MIUI launcher. I use GO Launcher with it and it runs perfectly and then it functions like a normal launcher, but the rest of the OS looks more polished all around than pure AOSP.