Now That I'm Now Rooted !!!!!!!!

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Now that I amn rooted, whats the best way to try different roms? I dont really like purchasing aps, so im looking for the simplest and effective way to switch thru different roms, ccurrently i am running bamf cubed. FYI a friend did all this for me now ! also whats the best app for wifi tethering Thanks alll

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should have installed clockwork recovery. That's all you need to flash roms. Just follow the instructions in the original posts if rom threads. Although a paid app like titanium backup is handy to keep all data intact.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I echo the ClockworkMod. Your friend should have flashed it through Rom Manager for you. If you have the paid version of Rom Manager, you can check out the ROMS in the Download Rom portion of it, and have it do the installing for you in ClockworkMod. If you just have the free version, you'll have to put the ROM zip on your SD card, boot into ClockworkMod and select the zip on your own. Make sure to backup your current ROM and then wipe data/cache when you try a new ROM.

I also really recommend Titanium Backup to backup user apps so you don't have to redownload them every time you change a ROM. The free version should be enough for you.

I really would suggest CM 7.1.1 or Thundershed's CM7, or some other AOSP Gingerbread ROM. I know from experience that CM 7.1.1 and Thundershed's CM7 have tethering built into them and you don't have to download an extra app.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I echo the ClockworkMod. Your friend should have flashed it through Rom Manager for you. If you have the paid version of Rom Manager, you can check out the ROMS in the Download Rom portion of it, and have it do the installing for you in ClockworkMod. If you just have the free version, you'll have to put the ROM zip on your SD card, boot into ClockworkMod and select the zip on your own. Make sure to backup your current ROM and then wipe data/cache when you try a new ROM.

I also really recommend Titanium Backup to backup user apps so you don't have to redownload them every time you change a ROM. The free version should be enough for you.

I really would suggest CM 7.1.1 or Thundershed's CM7, or some other AOSP Gingerbread ROM. I know from experience that CM 7.1.1 and Thundershed's CM7 have tethering built into them and you don't have to download an extra app.

Are there aps out there for free that do the same as rom manager premium?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Got ROM manager premium .....so when dowloading roms is their anything I need to do b 4 doin anything ? Like selcect clock work mod each time .....also when dowloading new roms does it reset the phone and clear data ?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Got ROM manager premium .....so when dowloading roms is their anything I need to do b 4 doin anything ? Like selcect clock work mod each time .....also when dowloading new roms does it reset the phone and clear data ?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Anyone??? Anyone ??

Rooted and Running BAMF Cubed

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
do some research. Google is your friend.

sent from my bolt