Now that Facebook app sucks...

CarolBurton

Reaction score
Full version for Facebook from active9. Download from active9.com

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The problem with the browser is that when you open a post, then back out of it, it takes you back to the beginning of the newsfeed, instead of where you were.
Friendcaster is ok, but I never saw all of my friends posts. Even my mom, who I have set as a close friend (notification of when she makes a post), wouldn't show any of updates for her. It was much too irritating for me. So I've just dealt with the stock app. I haven't noticed any issues since the last update a few days ago *knocks on wood*

RicKaysen

Reaction score
The app often takes a ridiculously long time to load. I usually just give up and close it. Once in a while it's quicker, but the norm is it's slow as molases. I did a search once and saw posts from years ago complaining about the same issue, so, it's nothing new. It's a PIA, but I'll usually go to the browser and open up the full web page which loads quickly. It kinda defies logic that a downsized phone app should take so much longer to respond.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
The app often takes a ridiculously long time to load. I usually just give up and close it. Once in a while it's quicker, but the norm is it's slow as molases. I did a search once and saw posts from years ago complaining about the same issue, so, it's nothing new. It's a PIA, but I'll usually go to the browser and open up the full web page which loads quickly. It kinda defies logic that a downsized phone app should take so much longer to respond.

Yeah. For me, pictures take the longest to load. Sometimes, I can't get them to load at all. Everything worked fine awhile back for me, but it seems to suck more and more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Love Friendcaster! I bought it a long time ago and use it all the time. I deleted the FB app and never looked back. I sometimes will use FB on my mobile through the browser as well but Friendcaster Pro works great! Its not perfect with the new timeline set up but its way better then the stock FB app.

Chukee

Reaction score
Google plus for me. Just so much easier to use without all the crap facebook has.