NotQuiteADummy

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
Hi, all,

I'm a moderately savvy DROID user, running Gingerbread on a DROID 2 Global.

The surprise update to Gingerbread messed me up a lot, but I got a lot explained at my local VZW store. However, problems remained. My favorite is re-booting as part of the Power Off process. Runner-up was suddenly needing Wi-Fi to download an app, couples with a failure to connect to a Wi-Fi newtork for longer than two seconds.

So, I just got a Factory Data Reset, which better clear those bugs up. The Reset wiped out all my Deja Office data, and so far I am not able to sync with Outlook on my PC. And I need to re-set all my settings, wallpaper, etc. VZW should announce these updates and their caveats before popping this on users. Not everyone has a handy VZW store.

Anyway, I'll be asking about stuff which is fairly simple but not in the next-to-useless User Guide.

Stay tuned...

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Welcome to DroidForums, you are in the right place to get many answers and trust me you are not alone in that messy GB update boat..:biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Sorry you are having issues but as Chizzelle has said you are not alone. Hopefully you can get some things figured out and running better in no time!!