Notifications

jmed99

Reaction score
I have done a search but didn't find a solution.

I'm not receiving any notifications for hotmail, yahoo or Facebook. I do have notifications turned on for all of those.

For example it acts like it's not checking my hotmail every 15 min like I have it set because I'll go to my hotmail acct and it will show no new e-mails but automatically checks for new e-mails then it will show one that was a few hours old.

Facebook and yahoo does the same thing. BTW, I do not have wifi service here at work so its using the 3G service.

Thanks for all the help!

Happystranger

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. I used to get notifications everytime someone wrote on my wall on facebook. It even used to show a facebook icon on my status bar.

TomN

Reaction score
Hmmm I have never gotten a Facebook notification even though I have them turned on in the settings. Weird.

TomN

Reaction score
Kinda like the Facebook widget. It works once in a while and then stops for a few days.

OP
J

jmed99

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the notifications to turn on? When I first got my phone I got notifications for hotmail, yahoo and facebook but not now. The only notifications I'm getting now id for gmail. I have the notifications turned on for all those but it's still not working.

Any ideas?

OP
J

jmed99

Reaction score
I think the Taskiller app was blocking the notifications somehow. I stopped the taskiller app and now I'm getting all my notifications again....email (hotmail), twitter, etc. With taskiller running I was getting the gmail notifications but not the others. I'm not sure if the facebook notification is working now since nobody has commented on my pge today but I think this a fix!

WOOOOHOOOO!

LYN

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the notifications to turn on? When I first got my phone I got notifications for hotmail, yahoo and facebook but not now. The only notifications I'm getting now id for gmail. I have the notifications turned on for all those but it's still not working.

Any ideas?

I am having this same issue. My Gmail is not even updating at this point. Would this be reason for me to return the phone?? If anyone can advise me how to fix this I would really appreciate it!

Zodiac

Reaction score
This is the answer

I think the Taskiller app was blocking the notifications somehow. I stopped the taskiller app and now I'm getting all my notifications again....email (hotmail), twitter, etc. With taskiller running I was getting the gmail notifications but not the others. I'm not sure if the facebook notification is working now since nobody has commented on my pge today but I think this a fix!

WOOOOHOOOO!

I removed the task killer I installed powered off my phone then turned it back on notifications from everything every time now 3rd party task killers are blocking the refresh / download process to save battery power and in turn blocking our wonderfully important business emails.

USE THE DRIOD's PROCESS KILLER AND YOU'LL Eliminate this issue.

flyingdroid

Reaction score
I'm not getting notifications...everything is checked to sync -- when I click on synch calendar -- the synch "yin yang progress cycle thing" doesn't go away like the other sync (mail, contacts) -- so?? gliche? blocking from sending notifications?

this is really annoying -- this should work -- $559 phone and all this whizbang software and simple things like this don't work.

imaROBOT

Reaction score
I have never got a Facebook notification, but I do get my gmail. Lately I've been having problems with the gmail ones so I don't know... I just hope things get fixed in the update..