Notification

Tazzertooth

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to download and insert new notification tones? I tried the method used for the Motorola Droid, but it does not work for the HTC.

xfeathersx

Reaction score
I just got done reading this and maybe this will help you. I haven't tried it myself, so any feedback is appreciated...

You can set the track-ball notifications for "Missed Call", "SMS/MMS", "Email". "VM", and "reminders"

Settings --> Sound & Display --> notifications --> Notification flash

once again hope this helps.

OP
T

Tazzertooth

Reaction score
Notification will only allow you to turn on the notification for each of the items. It does not give you the option to change the "canned" tones that come with the phone. I know how to download new tones, I just can't find a way to utilize them for Notification. Any other ideas, I would appreciate.

MooseStuff

Reaction score
hmm well just load the sound you downloaded into ring droid and just use the entire thing. then you can select use as notification or something along those lines

Androidatic

Reaction score
I downloaded a ring tone for my text alerts and put into the media folder. The Eris recognizes the ringtone for notifications but when I select it it is just one of the generic tones that is already on the phone.

jimmerz

Reaction score
it does not appear that you can customize each alert by different sounds...sorry.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to have the track ball light more frequently or for a longer duration when you do get a notification? I find I am missing many texts because I do not notice the little light?

Thanks

josh467

Reaction score
All you have to do is make a few folders on your Sd card.
Like this.
Alerts
Sd/media/audio/alerts

Ringtones
Sd/media/audio/ringtones

Notifications
Sd/media/audio/notifications

And put the sound/sounds you want in the corresponding folder.
It takes a little while for the sounds to show up in the settings window. May have to reboot.

If you want to make a different tone for each notification ie. Email, sms, whatever. Just start the app you want to change the sound for and click menu then settings then notifications. Once u set the notification from within the app it only sets the sound for that app.

As far as ringtones go. All you have to do is play a sound or song in the default media player. Click menu while the song is playing and theres an option to set it as ringtone. Just put the music in a folder called music on your sd card.

Yes.... its that simple.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jimmerz

Reaction score
Thanks Josh...

Do you know of anyway to change the trackball light settings? Mae it blink faster or have the light stay on longer?

josh467

Reaction score
Thanks Josh...

Do you know of anyway to change the trackball light settings? Mae it blink faster or have the light stay on longer?

no i do not know of any way to make the trackball light longer or differently.... but handcent sms will allow you to change the led indicator so it will keep flashing when you have an unread sms. thats what i use and it works very well....

josh467

Reaction score
Handcent sms will allow you to make the trackball flash for extended periods of time. Open handcent then under settings go to notifications scroll down until you see the trackball settings.

Let me know if it works for you. I think its working on mine.

The led color changer is not working in my eris. It did on my moto droid.