Notification sounds broken on droid maxx xt1080

newduke

Reaction score
Recently, all notification sounds (text messages, etc) are gone and replaced with vibration. The ringer still works. The speakerphone still works. More curious still, if I go to settings->sound-> Default notification sound, clicking on the various sounds makes no sound. IIRC, it's supposed to preview the sound, like it does for ringer.

I scanned the forums and I didn't see anybody having this particular set of problems. I've tried disabling the agent/assist apps, tried rebooting, no good.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum. Did this just start happening? If so did you add any apps?

OP
N

newduke

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Did this just start happening? If so did you add any apps?
It's been this way for a few weeks. I tried disabling the apps which I thought could be culprits.

Anyway I did find a solution to the problem. I installed simple volume, linked notification volume to ringer volume, and changed my ringer volume. It's pretty incredible that some app turned off my notification volume and there is no place in the android UI to set it.