Notification Ringtones

docholiday

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time setting custom notifications for different contacts, I've looked all over this forum as well as others. I don't know if this just isn't possible or if I'm going about it the wrong way, if anyone can shed some light on this it'll be greatly appreciated.
Go to Contacts and select the contact you want to assign a custom ringtone, then click the menu button and click on options. You will see Ringtone at the top: Click on that and select the ringtone you want for that contact.
Thanks for the info, I downloaded ringo lite and it solved my issue. I know how to set custom ringtones for my contacts, I just didn't know how to set custom notifications for when different contacts SMS me. It seems this isn't possible without an app. Again, thx for the help tho...

kahre2010

Reaction score
ok so i connected my phone to the computer and i choose to mount it but nothing showed up on my computer i have a pretty new computer and i dont know why it is doing this can someone help me out please

BillTheCat

Reaction score
ok so i connected my phone to the computer and i choose to mount it but nothing showed up on my computer i have a pretty new computer and i dont know why it is doing this can someone help me out please

I am assuming you are using a Windows OS. Nothing will necessarily pop up when you do this. You have to open Windows Explorer and look for a "Drive" that's labeled as "Removable Storage."

Might be easiest to find if you open Windows Explorer before you plug in the Droid, and take inventory of all of the Drive letters (C:\, D:\, etc., etc.) When you plug in & mount the Droid, a new drive letter will show up there- and that'll be your SD card.

viceaddict6

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time setting custom notifications for different contacts, I've looked all over this forum as well as others. I don't know if this just isn't possible or if I'm going about it the wrong way, if anyone can shed some light on this it'll be greatly appreciated.
Go to Contacts and select the contact you want to assign a custom ringtone, then click the menu button and click on options. You will see Ringtone at the top: Click on that and select the ringtone you want for that contact.
Thanks for the info, I downloaded ringo lite and it solved my issue. I know how to set custom ringtones for my contacts, I just didn't know how to set custom notifications for when different contacts SMS me. It seems this isn't possible without an app. Again, thx for the help tho...
You're right, there is no way to customize text notifications without an app. The perfect one I was able to find was SMS Popup. Allows complete customization!

T

The Rigger

You're right, there is no way to customize text notifications without an app. The perfect one I was able to find was SMS Popup. Allows complete customization!

Missed Call is another one that works well for me; also allows you to mod email alerts.

myheroizme

Reaction score
creating a new folder helped me, just named it notifications and put a random song from my cpu, it worked fine thanks "mrp"

TD7424

Reaction score
I have some notification alerts stored on my sd card in a folder named ringtones, they show up under settings/phone ringtones, how do I get them to show up under settings/Notification ringtones?
Thanks

zfly9

Reaction score
Anyone know a good place to get notification ring tones?

I don't like the stock ones and haven't found anything that I like in the market.

I just want subtle tones that are short.

Thanks!

bad4u

Reaction score
+1 for zedge

Also DL some soundboards from the market.... cant go wrong with old school mario tones.