Go to market and download "ringdroid" free app and will make it possible to make tones for the Notification & AlarmFigured out how to xfer my old ringtones to the Droid SD card (create a folder called Ringtones)
However, they are not appearing as my notification ringtones.
How did you download the files to your phone? My wife phone does that on all the songs that were carried over from her other phone.ringdroid keeps crashing when opening a .wav file. I don't see a way to assigned sounds to the ringtone gallery either
Go to Contacts and select the contact you want to assign a custom ringtone, then click the menu button and click on options. You will see Ringtone at the top: Click on that and select the ringtone you want for that contact.I'm having a hard time setting custom notifications for different contacts, I've looked all over this forum as well as others. I don't know if this just isn't possible or if I'm going about it the wrong way, if anyone can shed some light on this it'll be greatly appreciated.
1. Plug your phone into your PC
2. Pull down the notification bar on your phone
3. Click on USB connected
4. Click on mount to mount your SD card
5. You will see a new removable storage drive on your PC
6. Create the following directories in the root of that drive:
7. Drag and drop to add files to the appropriate directories from your PC
8. close the window on that drive on your PC
9. click on safely remove removable storage in your systray
10. click on turn off USB on your Droid
11. Shut off your phone and turn it back on
12. Your Droid will find the files you have added on your SD card
Thanks for this info. Any idea how much space we have available on the sd card for uploads? I know that on the Motorola there are 16gb of space in phone but when I look at internal phone storage it says that my available space is only 238mb. Any idea where the 16gb are being used? ...the operating system?