Notification question pls help

swoosh6928

Reaction score
1. Is there a way to have to have the screen light up when receiving a text or an indication light on the face of the phone?
2. How do i change the notifiction sounds for text messaging to one that I have down loaded from a sound board? I was able to figure out how to do it for a ring tone but not for a text message or any other notification except for an alarm,

Anyone that can help I appreciate it for I'm not very good at figuring these kind of things out..I barely can get my way around on the computer..hahah

But i do love this phone so far

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are using the stock messaging app. I don't think you can make the screen light but with handcent or sms popup there is an option to pop up and wake the screen.

To change notification ringtone, for stock it's in settings>sounds, for handcent or others it's in the app settings

Marklar45

Reaction score
There is an app called NoLED that simulated LED indicator lights on the screen for missed call voice mail text messages email and calendar.

OP
S

swoosh6928

Reaction score
Thank you, I installed it and just rebooted my phone so we'll see if it works...Thanks again for the help

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Get Missed Messager Flasher, it flashes your screen.

GambrelTC

Reaction score
1. Is there a way to have to have the screen light up when receiving a text or an indication light on the face of the phone?
2. How do i change the notifiction sounds for text messaging to one that I have down loaded from a sound board? I was able to figure out how to do it for a ring tone but not for a text message or any other notification except for an alarm,

Anyone that can help I appreciate it for I'm not very good at figuring these kind of things out..I barely can get my way around on the computer..hahah

But i do love this phone so far

I found a app "Missed Call" that helped fix this problem with Text, Calls, Calendars. etc. It let me select LED, Audio or Vibrate notifications. There were two options. I just double checked the version numbers and selected the latest version posted. So far so good.