Notification Light???

chancecatalyst

Reaction score
I just picked up my Spectrum (and one for my gf) on Sunday, and I'm absolutely LOVING it, especially as an upgrade from the first Droid. There's certainly lots I haven't explored yet, but my only complaint so far is that there's no blinking notifications light. Now I'm not above obsessively turning my phone on to check it, but it would still be nice to know when it's actually necessary. Is this an option some place that I haven't found yet ? (though I don't see any external lights aside from the flashes) This kinda seems like a no brainer option for a smartphone, so I'm a bit perplexed that LG would omit it...

Thanks!

jet

Reaction score
There is no notification light.

There are apps like LG Touch LED Notifications which uses the lights on the touch buttons. It does require root.

To be honest, it is not as noticeable as notification light. The button lights are not that bright to begin with and being white they do not seem to be as obvious a notification as the Droid's red, violet, etc.

lowvolt

Reaction score
If you only want it so you know if you have missed a call or text. You could download missed call reminder from the market. You can set it to give you a tone every so often (selectable)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

liteon163

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed LG Touch LED. It works perfectly, so long as you have root access.

My only issue with it is that I seem to lose and extra 2-3% of battery every hour. I'm trying to figure out if the convenience of the LED notification is worth the inconvenience of shorter battery life.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

car guy

Reaction score
NoLED

I just downloaded NoLED from the play store. It's free and works great. an icon will light up on your screen telling you have a notification. My biggest complaint was that when I hit the power button, it would only show the notification icon on a black screen, not the lock screen. Had to hit the power button multiple times. I emailed the developer and when the icon lights up, you can hit the back or home button instead.
You can customize it to your liking, e.g. How long the icon is on the screen, how long it is off, color of the icon, etc.

liteon163

Reaction score
It turns out that LG Touch LED is not using that much extra battery. I've noticed that while I'm at work and depending on the notifications, I'm also without strong signal. False alarm guys. Sorry.

I'd like to know how much extra battery is required by using the screen to display notifications...

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk