notification goes silent on its own

cubbiez73

Reaction score
When I use the slider bar to silence my calls etc it silences but won't vibrate to tell me something is happening. I have the vibrate set to "only vibrate' in sience mode. In addition when I slide the sounds back on, for some reason the text alerts will not work. The only remedy I have found that works so far is removing battery and replacing it again. My system is cuurrently up to date. Anybody know how I can fix this annoying little problem?

lizard

Reaction score
Doesn't your slider have 3 positions? Sound ON, vibrate only, all sound OFF. Maybe this is what is confusing you. Swiping once should cause your phone to vibrate during calls, swiping again would stop all sound. Swiping a third time should take you back to all sound on but since you are set to only vibrate in silent mode, you should get no vibration during calls. Also check Settings>Sound>Volume and make sure all sliders are in the appropriate locations.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Barristro

Reaction score
I keep my phone on silent/vibrate, so I do not know what D2 typically does when turning it to silent after silencing a call. That being said, I have had Apps get rid of the vibrate feature and put my phone into only silence (my guess is that the app was designed to only distinguish between sound and no-sound and doesn't understand that vibrate is an option.

So, could be your settings, could be an app, could be something else. Sorry, I'm not much help.