Notification Bar pull down problem

gbrockjr

Reaction score
Received my replacement Droid Bionic from Asurion and it has the new 4.0.4 software version. All apps installed great but the new software/menu layout took a little getting used to...

Now the problem..... I see things going to the notification bar such as text message, app updates, etc but I can't pull down the notification window to see the details.

I can't find a setting anywhere. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
George

deduct

Reaction score
Try turning off phone and pulling battery. If that does not work, Try a factory data reset.

-bionic eclipsed-

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
George,

I don't think you are missing anything. I agree with Deduct, pull battery and see if that help. If it doesn't then it is time to consider a Factory Data Reset.

You may as well go ahead and do the FDR as that will most likely be the first thing you are asked to do if you end up having to call about a warranty replacement.

Factory Data Reset

If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

One last note, if you want to save your SMS/Texts there are apps that will back those up for you.

Good luck.

OP
G

gbrockjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried both and neither have worked.

I contacted Asurion and they think something might be wroing with the phone but don't have another Bionic. They want to give me a Razr instead but can't seem to find out which model it is... I really like my Bionic.