Notification app?

cruzincat

Reaction score
Is there an app that will provide different notifications for EMail vs Voice mail? I would prefer to get repeated audible tones for voice mail(missed calls). Sometimes I turn on the phone and there is a VM there that I never heard.

clayrebel

Reaction score
I use lightflow for all my notification needs.
Its great.
If you have any issues with the app or suggestions for improvement, the developer is very responsive and helpful.
I suggest trying the free version first, lightflow lite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
+1 to light flow... Definitely can't go wrong with it...

~it's not just a phone~

OP
cruzincat

cruzincat

Reaction score
I have Light Flow Lite. Haven't been able to get it to work. Is there anything it won't work with (Launcher?)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I know that if you were using Go SMS, you had to uncheck a setting in GO SMS for it to be the default notification app but that is the only thing I can recall...

clayrebel

Reaction score
I use go launcher with lightflow and both work with no problems on my razr.
Anytime I have a problem, I email the dev and he gives me pointers.
Always helped me out.
Maybe he can help you find a solution?

Sent using my Droid Razr

OP
cruzincat

cruzincat

Reaction score
I figured out Light Flow. There are just so many settings that have to be set to get it to work, and I didn't have them all set. One thing though, is the LED on the GNex limited to white only? I can't seem to get it in any other color, no matter what I have set in Light Flow.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I figured out Light Flow. There are just so many settings that have to be set to get it to work, and I didn't have them all set. One thing though, is the LED on the GNex limited to white only? I can't seem to get it in any other color, no matter what I have set in Light Flow.

No, it should be able to hit pretty much any color you throw at it.

OP
cruzincat

cruzincat

Reaction score
Strange! Last night when I set it up, the test mode would only show white. This morning I went into LF and only went into test mode without doing anything else and I got the colors!

OP
cruzincat

cruzincat

Reaction score
I have to turn off the display for the test to work. Does that also mean that the LEDs and sound will not work when the display is on?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I have to turn off the display for the test to work. Does that also mean that the LEDs and sound will not work when the display is on?

Sound should work with screen on, LED only works with screen off though. Most phones have the notification LED only enable when the screen is off.

There may be a method for the rooted folks to enable it to flash when the screen is on eventually, if there isn't already one.