Notification Alert - Custom sound possible?

mjk

Reaction score
I dragged some ringtones I had on my Tour onto my Droid. I am able to use them for the phone, but I am trying to customize the notification alerts and the only options that it's giving me are the ones that come with the phone. Any ideas how to change that?

crownedzero

Reaction score
If I recall correctly you can select what you want to hear and long press or hit the menu then "Set as".

OP
M

mjk

Reaction score
That will put it as a ringtone, but I'm not able to get at them to use them for email or text notifications.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Maybe they need to be in a different directory. Try creating a directory named notifications on your card and put them in there. Maybe that would work. I'll try playing around with it later when I get some time.

crownedzero

Reaction score
try doing a search "pub:NeatOFun" they have a bunch of freebies that let you select notification or ringtone.

OP
M

mjk

Reaction score
Creating a dir called Notifications worked for me

That worked for me. So I have two folders (ringtones and notifications) with the same tunes in them, but it works.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Go into whatever app you want to set a notification for and set it there from the menu option.. I have one for each e-mail account and for chat too (meebo) you can set them all different if you like.

Reaction score
I put a dir called notifications in the root of my sd card and i still cant see it in the notifications on my messaging.

forkup

Reaction score
Dunno why not because that is the way it works. You should have the following directories in the root of your sd card:

/sdcard/ringtones
/sdcard/notifications

Good luck.

Rewlaz

Reaction score
It might have gone into your music file. I found two ring tones in there because when I saved them, they were mp.3 files. From my music file, I set them as ring tones.

aka_rob

Reaction score
Dunno why not because that is the way it works. You should have the following directories in the root of your sd card:

/sdcard/ringtones
/sdcard/notifications

Good luck.

I had to create the following directories and I am able to set whatever ringtone notification and alarm sounds I want:

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications
/sdcars/media/audio/ringtones

I did not have the directories in the root of the sdcard that you mentioned.

Reaction score
Ok I got it to work.. I had to create the notifications folder with astro. Whenever I used OI file manager it would never work.