Notetaking Questions w/ the Note 2

Alvarez13

Reaction score
I've had convertible and slate pcs in the past + OneNote for taking notes in class and loved the combo. I'm now further along in my career as a doctor and my samsung 7 slate (wacom pen) isn't working out for taking notes on morning rounds and patient interviews. The battery life is too short, it's too much of pain to carry, I'm probably going to forget it, and I get knocked off our electronic records when I turn the screen off.

The big screen size and wacom ability make the Note 2 a possible solution. Having something I could slip in and out of my lab coat would be ideal. Having it always on would help me keep my network connection. Most of my reference books are on kindle or electronic, this would also work. Tried writing on a Note 1 with my other wacom pens and they work great, even the eraser works. The felt nibs were especially nice.

I mainly need to be able to jot down quick little notes, lab values, to-do items, and maybe some screen shots of chart info. Having my electronic records and other reference sites open at the same time all on one device would be amazing.
-Is there a note taking software anywhere close to OneNote for these devices?
-Is there a way to write with a pen in S Note and then have the page scroll up/down with a finger like OneNote? I'd love to be able to write one long continuous note.
-Any palm block technology on this device to prevent my hand from making marks?
-Is it possible to have a template in word or pdf that I can write all over and then view it later?
-Any other ideas how to gain the most from this device for my needs?

Thanks guys.

OP
Alvarez13

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Found an app called Papyrus. Looks pretty decent so far. If they had an option to scroll with your finger and write with pen, I'd be about set.

OP
Alvarez13

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Ah ha...figured this out methinks.

[video=youtube;fZ33yV8kCAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ33yV8kCAI&feature=relmfu[/video]