Note 9 Benchmarking disappoints

benbegg1

Reaction score
I am curious as to why when I run the benchmarking app anututu on the note 9 I consistently get approx 168000 but when I ran it previously on the note 8 got 203000. Do I maybe need to factory reset my note 9 and then rerun and gradually install apps and see what is causing the slow down ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am curious as to why when I run the benchmarking app anututu on the note 9 I consistently get approx 168000 but when I ran it previously on the note 8 got 203000. Do I maybe need to factory reset my note 9 and then rerun and gradually install apps and see what is causing the slow down ?

Are you actually noticing your phone slow down?

Like do you feel lag, stutter, etc?

Benchmarks are for geeks and Samsung has got caught in the past tricking those tests. At the end of the day if you're not having any issues with gaming or everyday usage, then personally I wouldn't focus on it. I haven't ran a benchmark on my phones since the og Droid.

But to get the best benchmark tests. Clear all cache, clear background, go into settings and click optimize performance, and then try again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
B

benbegg1

Reaction score
Are you actually noticing your phone slow down?

Like do you feel lag, stutter, etc?

Benchmarks are for geeks and Samsung has got caught in the past tricking those tests. At the end of the day if you're not having any issues with gaming or everyday usage, then personally I wouldn't focus on it. I haven't ran a benchmark on my phones since the og Droid.

But to get the best benchmark tests. Clear all cache, clear background, go into settings and click optimize performance, and then try again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Did a power down and ensured no apps running on power up. Reran anututu and now get 235000 so that was the issue.