The Snapdragon 835 Note 8 is Slower Than The Exynos 8895

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-8-design-leaks-jpg.77757

As is to be expected Samsung will have the Snapdragon 835 in the US for the Note 8 and the Exynos 8895 for international markets. These chips are indeed different chips with Samsung being able to tweak the Exynos chips in house. Both chips will have 8 cores. Interestingly enough according to the benchmarks that appeared on Geekbench earlier in the week the Snapdragon version is clocked at 1.9GHz while the Exynos version is clocked at just 1.69GHz. Both devices have 6GB of RAM. The Exynos version was able to edge out the Snapdragon version in both single core and multi core processing. The Exynos version scored 1984 in single core and 6116 in multi core while the Snapdragon was only able to achieve 1815 in single core and 6066 in multi core. Both devices were beat by the OnePlus 5 in multi core processing as it received a score of 6687. While Touchwiz isn't astatically heavy like it used to be you can see that it can still slow things down substantially.

Does it worry you that Samsung is using different chips in different markets which may cause you to have a bit slower of an experience?

via SlashLeaks

Attachments

• Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Design-Leaks.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Design-Leaks.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3,514

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I would not be too concerned... We get this with every new release... US version will be alright..

Sent using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Am I reading Correctly so the Note 8 will have 6GB Ram Standard? This will be a First for Samsung Devices. It will be interesting to see in Real World Applications. Although it would not be the only Device with more than 6GB Ram I think the Fact that Samsungs Ram has become known as some of the Better Modules on the Market.