note 8 root

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I feel just like the S8 plus there are so many tweaks for the phone without root not something I'd run on the phone ...

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I feel just like the S8 plus there are so many tweaks for the phone without root not something I'd run on the phone ...

Sent using Tapatalk

I totally agree. I quit rooting years ago, though I am tempted to try it again on an old phone. the only thing you cannot do yet without rooting is uninstalling the bloatware.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I totally agree. I quit rooting years ago, though I am tempted to try it again on an old phone. the only thing you cannot do yet without rooting is uninstalling the bloatware.
Package disabler was working on my S8 not sure if it has changed ...

Sent using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I rooted my Droid Turbo. Last Phone I rooted, I dont want to risk losing Samsung Pay. I use it all the Time. The Note 8 is Blistering Fast. unlike my Previous Phones it something else. I migrated all my apps from my Z Force and Note 5 and its unphased compared to my Z Force.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
You'll play hell rooting a Samsung phone. Knox will kill you every time. That's why i have a Nexus 6, as a rooting machine and a back-up. I'll never get 8.1.0 on my Galaxy S7 Edge, so i put it on my N6. Probably trade in my S7 Edge for the Note 9, but i'll be keeping my N6.:p

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
there are ways to root without killing knox but you have to know what you are doing and have the ability to follow instructions to a "t"

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
there are ways to root without killing knox but you have to know what you are doing and have the ability to follow instructions to a "t"

Those "ways" that you are talking about only give you semi-root. Some apps won't pass Safety Net, and your phone will only charge up to 80%. It's true that it doesn't trip the Knox Flag, but you can still see Knox's fine hand in screwing up your phone. If XDA can't get you true root, then it doesn't exist. Sorry. :(

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Those "ways" that you are talking about only give you semi-root. Some apps won't pass Safety Net, and your phone will only charge up to 80%. It's true that it doesn't trip the Knox Flag, but you can still see Knox's fine hand in screwing up your phone. If XDA can't get you true root, then it doesn't exist. Sorry. :(

root is root, no such thing as a semi-root. you take the good with the bad.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I take it all the way, or not at all. Too many problems, and too easy to brick the phone and have to buy a new one. Knox was purposely built into the phone in order to discourage rooters. It worked on me.:(