Note 8 "Emperor" Edition With 6GB of RAM and 256GB of Storage Coming?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
260002-jpg.77694

Samsung is currently testing a Note 8 device that includes 6GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. This is according to well known Weibo leaker Ice Universe. This handset is codenamed "Emperor Edition" and will launch next to a 6GB/64GB version in South Korea before making its way to China. This version will arrive in three colors including Midnight Black, Orchid Grey, and possibly a Deeper Blue color.

The Note 8 will launch later next month and is expected to include a 6.3" edge to edge Infinity Display, Exynos 8895/Snapdragon 835, 3300mah battery, and Nougat 7.1.1 with a Touchwiz overlay.

via SamMobile

Attachments

• 260002.jpg
    260002.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3,978

Batman8

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I would surely buy a 256GB Note 8 no matter WHAT it costs!!! As an HD mobile gamer and long time Note user, I have been waiting for a version that really gives us enough storage space to save all data without rooting and patching directories!!!!!!! I really hope if comes to the U.S.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It would be a killer. But the Price would also kill your Wallet.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I would surely buy a 256GB Note 8 no matter WHAT it costs!!! As an HD mobile gamer and long time Note user, I have been waiting for a version that really gives us enough storage space to save all data without rooting and patching directories!!!!!!! I really hope if comes to the U.S.
Even $1200? You'd still have to travel to Asia to get it as it won't be available in North America or buy on eBay for $2k.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's funny how specs keep trickling out in the US - always behind on storage and RAM. These get bumped just enough for you to upgrade, but not enough for you to wait more than a few years to upgrade again.

I'm only considering upgrading my nearly 3-yr old Droid Turbo because of a compatibility issue with a smart lock I bought. And I'm dreading it, because there isn't a single phone out there that I want. Might be a used Galaxy S6 for me, and that's not very exciting because I'm paying $150-200 for the same specs I already have. Although I guess I break even if I sell my unlocked Turbo....but with my luck the S6 would break the first time I dropped it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I seriously cannot wait for this to become available. I have my Note 4 still going fine but I was going to get a Note 7 before they decided to become flamethrowers. It is time for an upgrade to a beast.

Hmmmm....just saw an article on an almost bezel-less Sharp Aquos S2 that looks VERY interesting.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Why do these variants of these phones never make it to the US? We seem to always get screwed when they come out with phones like these. It's such a buzz kill.

Sent From My SAMSUNG GALAXY S8+

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Why do these variants of these phones never make it to the US? We seem to always get screwed when they come out with phones like these. It's such a buzz kill.

Sent From My SAMSUNG GALAXY S8+

I totally agree. it can be fustrating. maybe there are some flaws that they can get away with overseas. too many lawyers in the US.