Note 7 Iris Scanner Not As Intuitive As We Had Hoped According To Leaks

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-7-iris-scanner-03.jpg

The Note 7 announcement is quickly approaching. From this day forward you can expect all kinds of leaks and rumor confirmation leading up to the actual August 2nd event. Today sources have leaked the Note 7's Iris Scanner tech. In order for the iris scanner to work the user will need to hold the phone about arm's length away from their face. You will then need to point your eyes at two circles on the screen which will allow the device to scan your iris.
I have a feeling that this will take longer and be more annoying than the current fingerprint scanner implementation.

Before fingerprint scanners I did not use a screen lock at all. The reason is because I do not want steps between me and what I am trying to get to on my phone. I need the lock screen interaction to be blazing fast and seamless. This does not seem to be the case with the Iris Scanner. In order for the Iris scanner to be useful to me it has to be insanely fast and should work just by me glancing at my phone. Anything less than this and I will have to stick with the fingerprint scanner.

Are any of you willing to take an extra half second to position your phone just right for your iris to be scanned?

via SamMobile

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is what I was concerned about as I indicated in another thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What, we are too lazy to enter a code now? Too lazy to Swipe our finger on a pattern? Too lazy too Place a finger on a button? How much easier can it be?
Gimmick brought on by watching too much scifi bs.

badtoy1986

Reaction score

The Note 7 announcement is quickly approaching. From this day forward you can expect all kinds of leaks and rumor confirmation leading up to the actual August 2nd event. Today sources have leaked the Note 7's Iris Scanner tech. In order for the iris scanner to work the user will need to hold the phone about arm's length away from their face. You will then need to point your eyes at two circles on the screen which will allow the device to scan your iris.
I have a feeling that this will take longer and be more annoying than the current fingerprint scanner implementation.

Before fingerprint scanners I did not use a screen lock at all. The reason is because I do not want steps between me and what I am trying to get to on my phone. I need the lock screen interaction to be blazing fast and seamless. This does not seem to be the case with the Iris Scanner. In order for the Iris scanner to be useful to me it has to be insanely fast and should work just by me glancing at my phone. Anything less than this and I will have to stick with the fingerprint scanner.

Are any of you willing to take an extra half second to position your phone just right for your iris to be scanned?

via SamMobile

I completely Agree. If I can lift my phone and in one motion touch the finger print reader, have it wake and unlock my device, why do I want to add incovence to that proccess. So, now you would have to take out your phone, press a button to wake it, then hold it at arms length while staring at the circles (i know someone is going to wreck their car doing this) for who knows how long just to get your device unlocked... Sounds like a PITA.