Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Iris Scanner Supposedly 'Confirmed' in Leaked Images

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxynote7-iris-scanner-2.jpg

Although we are understandably skeptical of the included leaked images in this report, it was definitely worth sharing in case they are legit. Supposedly, these images confirm that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will include Iris Scanner security technology built into the display.

The report includes several leaked pics that support its claim. One shows the iris scanner tech (shown above), while the others simply show off the usage instructions displayed on the device and a boot screen to "enhance" its validity (shown in the thread below). We only have to wait until August 2nd to find out for sure if this report is accurate.

What do you folks think? Is this a tech that is just a bit ahead of its time, or will it be the right moment to surprise the world with it?

Be sure to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 7 section: Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Source: Slashgear

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here all of those Galaxy Note 7 leaked iris scanner images:

galaxynote7-iris-scanner-1.jpg

galaxynote7-iris-scanner-2.jpg

galaxynote7-iris-scanner-3.jpg

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can completely understand fingerprint readers as they are on the object you are using to unlock your phone. I just have a feeling this will be one of those technologies that does not take off, unless it can unlock your phone as quickly as using a fingerprint.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I can completely understand fingerprint readers as they are on the object you are using to unlock your phone. I just have a feeling this will be one of those technologies that does not take off, unless it can unlock your phone as quickly as using a fingerprint.

I work for a school district and one of the kids has a device for tracking eyes. He has no use of his limbs so the device tracks his eyes to use the computer in front of him. The device isn't very powerful. An entry level device with a case that has the eye tracking hardware in it. It was eerily accurate and precise. I have no doubt this kind of tech will be put into devices that aren't necessarily for public use. Medical devices, security devices.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I work for a school district and one of the kids has a device for tracking eyes. He has no use of his limbs so the device tracks his eyes to use the computer in front of him. The device isn't very powerful. An entry level device with a case that has the eye tracking hardware in it. It was eerily accurate and precise. I have no doubt this kind of tech will be put into devices that aren't necessarily for public use. Medical devices, security devices.

I completely understand that they tech can be accurate but in terms of phone usage where the primary goal is to be secure but also to access the device as quickly as possible, I would just venture a guess to say that when the finger you use to turn on the device also unlocks it would be a faster option then an iris scanner. They already do use this technology in use for security.

rizwan12

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.mobiringtones.com
This is an awesome feature now eye scanner facility is available for normal people if you back to 90s you will see there were few technologies were being used by Government agencies , they were facilitate with these gadgets , and normal people were used to wonder is it possible or not after watching movies , but now its a normal thing for us , okay Samsung appreciated for this !!