Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ Finally Receive Marshmallow On T-Mobile

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

For once Verizon was ahead of the proverbial curve when it came to the update for Marshmallow Android 6.0 on the Note 5. I received my update several weeks ago, and so far it has been awesome! Yes it includes the Doze battery saving feature, and Now On Tap from Stock Android, but it also includes several updates specifically meant to improve the user experience on the Note 5.

With the update comes Multitasking improvements. No longer does Samsung fully close apps when you exit them. They now leave them open in the background so you can jump back into them without having to load the apps from scratch. The fingerprint scanner is a hair faster, and performance on the device has overall improved.

The update is now rolling out to Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ users on the T-Mobile network. Head to settings, about phone, check for updates to see if the update is available for your device.

via t-mobile

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, to think At&t is not only last, but dead last. I feel like I have a better chance of getting an update if I was on a MetroPCS, Straighttalk, or Cricket before I get it on At&t.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yeah I know the feeling, feel like I'll have the note 6 before AT&T rolls out the update geez....lol

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+