Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Updates Delayed until February or March

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note5-and-galaxy-s6.jpg

Well that is disappointing. Even as random Galaxy S5 users are accidentally receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow early, the opposite is about to happen for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy Note 5 owners. According to the latest leaked road-map, Samsung will need to push back the Marshmallow update for the two newer devices.

The delay will likely mean a later February or early March timeframe for Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 owners to get Android 6. For whatever reason, it appears that Sammy will need to do further QC testing to make sure Marshmallow doesn't melt all over these devices in a negative way. That's probably quite a good thing!

Here's our dedicated sections for further discussions on both of these devices:
Source: MobiPicker

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I almost am not surprised. I would bash Sammy but I have noticed a few things with 6.01 that I could see conflicting with touchwiz.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Just got an LG G4 when I switched to Sprint and was shocked to find the 6.0 updates started downloading when I got on wifi. <3 the new individual permissions per app.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I almost am not surprised. I would bash Sammy but I have noticed a few things with 6.01 that I could see conflicting with touchwiz.

I wish that Sammy would allow for Stock Android as an option when buying their phones, it would deff could down on those of us that want that option, about updating our phones. As we usually have to wait for Sammy to approve the build, and then wait on the Phone ISPs to get their hands on it to make sure it jives with their non-sense, the upgrade process takes way to long at this point.

I also don't see how they are still getting away with adding bloatware that you cannot remove. I think all companies should be required to put how much actual space you will get after formatting, operating system use and bloatware, because those number vastly differ from those in which they claim. When getting a 32GB phone, and only 23-25GB is usable depending on the phone manufacturer.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wish that Sammy would allow for Stock Android as an option when buying their phones, it would deff could down on those of us that want that option, about updating our phones. As we usually have to wait for Sammy to approve the build, and then wait on the Phone ISPs to get their hands on it to make sure it jives with their non-sense, the upgrade process takes way to long at this point.

I also don't see how they are still getting away with adding bloatware that you cannot remove. I think all companies should be required to put how much actual space you will get after formatting, operating system use and bloatware, because those number vastly differ from those in which they claim. When getting a 32GB phone, and only 23-25GB is usable depending on the phone manufacturer.

Funny because I made a similar comment here: OS Change: From iOS to Android or Android to iOS

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny because I made a similar comment here: OS Change: From iOS to Android or Android to iOS

It's true though, but i do understand that companies pay to have their software installed, such as Sprint and Verizon all pay Sammy to get their software pre-installed and non-removable. I know that I can always disable most of the software that is added as bloat, with the last iteration of the Note allowing you to remove slightly more Samsung apps then previously before. I'm actually quite surprised that the tech giants haven't been sued into stating what the usable space is. As looking over the specs sheets of course they say only that it comes with 32/64/128GB, not 32GB(24GB Usable). As we cannot remove the operating system, installed manufacturer software, and other bloatware that comes with the phones, it should at least give people a realistic idea of how much space they are actually getting.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unless you're a brand new smartphone user, most of us know going in that we won't be getting a full 16/32/64 gig worth of storage....it's been this way since the beginning. I think it matters more now that many manufacturers are moving away from ext sd cards as folks now need that unavailable storage. (Fortunately Samsung realized this was a huge mistake and will be bringing it back on the S7) It's simply a matter of planning accordingly by stepping up to the next size if you're looking to purchase a device that no longer comes with an ext sd card.

S5 tap'n