Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
A restart fixed this issue, but I am curious to know if anyone else has had anything like this happen.

I restarted my phone last night before bed. When it had finished, my phone icon was gone. It was still click able & movable in & out of the dock & the label was there. As well, it was the only one that somehow didn't load.

I've seen icons load with the kinda stock android icon when they're installed on the SD card & there's an issue, but never had one just disappear, especially a stock icon.

bf5e4c4a31aaf89b443e69b06896001a.jpg

64df43ee0660001830e9ecb7f99cf420.jpg

After today's restart:
3f7f9e22ea0032d39bbc9a20a723091b.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Spikes Joubert

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note4
Had playstore and settings disappearing on separate occasions. Both times after changing the language default to US English to setup apps that would only scan the apps database in us eng (accuweather platinum and weather pro) to find obscure monitored locations in South Africa. After changing back to my default of South African English the icons disappeared. A reboot fixed it in both instances. All I can think it's that there is some conflict related to the change in language and the UI.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Very odd. I definitely didn't change my language. I know a little Spanish, but not enough to put the device in it.

Spikes Joubert

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note4
The instruction to change the language came from accuweather support as i could not locate and load the weather data for 4 rural sites in South Africa that I was able to locate and use before the latest update to the accuweather app.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Funny that varying versions of English weren't similar enough for the app to function

Spikes Joubert

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note4
I queried it with accuweather as I had always setup my devices using South African English and never had issues with the locations. They could not adequately clarify it for me. Appears that there may be clashing where apps are updated to accommodate OS 5 where the device OS is still on KK.