Note 4 battery horrible

Mike8016

Reaction score
I loved my note 4 but the past few months the battery life has been terrible. When my phone battery gets below 30 percent it will shut off like its at zero. I will the plug in the charger and it will start from zero. I just ordered a new battery but my main concern is my android system is eating the most battery. I know it can be a variety of things but I'm not sure what I have in the background that is eating it. I have both my work and personal email sync. Also my Google photo and dropbox upload photos as they're taken. I don't take too many photos though

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Mine has been draining like a faucet when I'm at my girls house.

Marginal LTE connection (2 bars) and 100% WiFi connection.

It will literally drop 60% over an hour of light use.

MrJPeoples

Reaction score
Mine shut off at 42% for a while. Now it's in the 60#s. Is it just a battery, or is something else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Download a battery monitor app, such as Gsam battery monitor and that should lead you to the possible culprit of your apps.

Also, if you're connected to WiFi alot, I suggest you go to your settings and have WiFi turned off when it's not being used.

settings -- wifi -- advanced settings -- "keep wifi on during sleep" -- "only when plugged in"
That's the settings I have for mine. No sense in leaving it on if it's going to be idling anyway.

MrJPeoples

Reaction score
Download a battery monitor app, such as Gsam battery monitor and that should lead you to the possible culprit of your apps.

Also, if you're connected to WiFi alot, I suggest you go to your settings and have WiFi turned off when it's not being used.

settings -- wifi -- advanced settings -- "keep wifi on during sleep" -- "only when plugged in"
That's the settings I have for mine. No sense in leaving it on if it's going to be idling anyway.
But then it defaults to using my 4g minutes. Doesn't it

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But then it defaults to using my 4g minutes. Doesn't it

Only for background data. If the phone is asleep and sniffs for email as an example, it'll use network data. If you wake the phone to use it it reverts to using Wi-Fi for data.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><