Note 3 still on 4.4.2

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
So I have been doing some research and it looks like in November 4.4.4 was sent out to note 3s. Mine current on the att network has 4.4.2 and when I search for updates it says it's the current version. I hooked it up to kies and it still says the same thing. Is there something I'm missing? It's a t-mobile version but unlocked and put on my att plan.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I believe you'll need to root your Note 3 in order to get 4.4.4 on this particular device.
You'll likely need to do some investigating on XDA. Yours is a unique situation that you'll want to be careful with since you're using a TMo device on AT&T's network. AT&T released 4.4.4 OTA in November, so it could be that because you have a T-Mobile version, it's not showing up.
Hopefully one of our Note members can provide a little more insight on this.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
That's kind of what I thought. It's sim unlocked so I'm not worried about losing service with any updates. I just don't want to end up bricking it. It's such a powerful device that I don't really even want to root it lol

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
And I just dropped it on my face trying to one hand it. Lol anyway thank you

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Lol i noticed that haha. Okay I'm going to bed. Hopefully someone knows what's up by the time I wake up in the morning. Again thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

Reactions: cr6

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well I do know you won't receive OTA updates if you're rooted, which it sounds like you might be? If that is the case you just have to DL Odin and flash the update manually, I'm sure XDA has it stickied on their Note 3 forum...

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I literally just rooted it like an hour ago. I will probably just have to keep 4.4.2 and I guess that's okay for now.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Idont have ar SD Card yet so I will have to wait to flash it

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Yeah in finally realized that by surfing Sammy's website so I went ahead and rooted and installed CyanogenMod. I love lollipop. Especially cm12 version. Its the best so far I believe.